• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    SB television covered the buyback this morning but no mention of you interlopers.

WTHR did a short piece about it and mentioned that there were a couple of "pro-2A" groups attempting to buy the guns at a better price than the gift cards' value but that they "had no takers". Can't find anything on their site about yesterday's even though (other than their original article from 4/16).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Thank you for the link. Very interesting. Somebody with a sign bought $220 worth of guns compared to $200 worth of gift cards being given. If my math is correct that should be about $250. Still shows how ineffective these buybacks are. Good! They collected 5 guns. 2 of those were from the organizers. So really they collected 3 guns total. 2 of those were from people with junk just needing a gift card. My guess is either of those people would have sold the .22s to someone else. Only lose of the day seems to be that SKS but my guess that was more about making a statement.

If the organizers knew anything about guns they would have taken in the lowers.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I just saw the Fox 59 version of yesterday's happenings. It had a 1 second shot of the group (herd? gaggle? squadron?) of INGOers and one individual from each side was shown being interviewed. Looking at the MASSIVE HAUL of firearms: with the exception of the SKS I wouldn't put a round in any of that rusty junk, let alone pull the trigger.

Seeing CBausen interviewed with the title "Horse's Ass" would be the most awesomely epic moment in television history.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    So... it sounds like an accurate description of the event would be " 2 liberal professors dupe their Church into being a front for their political views " ?

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Does this church NOT have their own Security Team? They seem to be implying they are anti gun and could be setting themselves up as a target?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No curb stompings? I was promised there would be curb stomping.

Kudos to those that went, glad everything went well and glad the other side was civil about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As the last 2 events have came off smoothly I promise to stand down on my opinions involving sporting an AR at these things.
    I will buy burgers for those involved and stand corrected.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It was nice meeting up with a few like-minded folks at the event. Nice to have some neutral reporting as well. :)

We were far more informed and prepared for discussion than those holding the event ...shocker, I know.

We also seemed to be enjoying ourselves more. Go figure. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Anyone talk to Douglas Gallapoo? He is said to have purchased at least two guns. If he purchased three, he got as many as the organizers of the event did. He is mentioned in the article.

I did not speak with him, but I believe that he did rescue as much as the organizers received.

Thanks for publishing the article on your site!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom