• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Reading through this thread. Is my understanding correct that this group would only give $100 gift card for a complete, working semi-automatic firearm and $25 for a magazine with a capacity greater then 30 rounds?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I try to turn in some home built mess up, ar 15 lowers polymer the back broke on and i fixed and one the pins were messed up also a polymer with my friend i was turn away saying they were not buying parts I try to explain that the lower was a firearm he did not want to listen to me. But with all that I glad i went i meet a lot of good people and was very glad that i saw a lot of pro 2 amendment people that were very nice kind and respectful.

Good meeting you and your friend, sir! I was the big guy with the cane. Welcome to INGO!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Reading through this thread. Is my understanding correct that this group would only give $100 gift card for a complete, working semi-automatic firearm and $25 for a magazine with a capacity greater then 30 rounds?

That was what they advertised, but along the way they changed their policy. One guy only got a $25 card for his .22 rifle and they were not trading anything for magazines unless they held more than 30 rounds (of which none were presented).

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think it’s safe to say those sponsoring the event came away much more educated than when they arrived. They quit taking less than 30-round magazines when they realized that these were standard capacity for AR rifles and also learned that a single part is legally a firearm. Hopefully they also learned that even though they got a bit of playful trolling today us gun folks ain’t so bad. The Pastor was genuinely nice to us and I believe we were to him in return. We also offered to take the reporter who stayed for the duration and covered the event shooting with us sometime. Now I need find the time to take 2 1/2 hours of video and condense it into a power dose of the greatest hits of this event. I haven’t laughed so much in three hours since I saw George Carlin in Vegas.

Last edited:

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I learned a couple things watching Cary’s video, besides the fact that some of it is pure comedy gold:

1. The organizers of the event quickly put money before principle when they realized the value of what they were hoping to buy, and

2. cbhausen IS a real horse’s ass :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Looking forward to the video. I am writing an Ammoland article about the event

I think it’s safe to say those sponsoring the event came away much more educated than when they arrived. They quit taking less than 30-round magazines when they realized that these were standard capacity for AR rifles and also learned that a single part is legally a firearm. Hopefully they also learned that even though they got a bit of playful trolling today us gun folks ain’t so bad. The Pastor was genuinely nice to us and I believe we were to him in return. We also offered to take the reporter who stayed for the duration and covered the event shooting with us sometime. Now I need find the time to take 2 1/2 hours of video and condense it into a power dose of the greatest hits of this event. I haven’t laughed so much in three hours since I saw George Carlin in Vegas.

Most people who support these events are ignorant and have not thought through the consequences of their actions. Education can accomplish great things.

I am looking for pictures of the event for the article. I will include a link to the video if one is available.

Dean Weingarten

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2013
    Anyone talk to Douglas Gallapoo? He is said to have purchased at least two guns. If he purchased three, he got as many as the organizers of the event did. He is mentioned in the article.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Top Bottom