• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maybe if they did'nt spend so much time trying to come up with ways to hassle law abiding gun owners they could focus on prosecuting existing laws like illegal straw purchases.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    From my experience working at several different gun shops it is often people with felonies hoping to get through the wait period and pick up the firearm. They know DOJ seldom prosecutes people lying on the 4473 so they feel it's worth the risk I suppose. They are criminals so breaking another law is no big deal to them.:postpics:
    That wouldn't surprise me at all.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    From my experience working at several different gun shops it is often people with felonies hoping to get through the wait period and pick up the firearm. They know DOJ seldom prosecutes people lying on the 4473 so they feel it's worth the risk I suppose. They are criminals so breaking another law is no big deal to them.:postpics:
    And this is why some places don't release the weapon until they get a "PROCEED" instead of after 3 days. Believe it or not, there ARE people in our society who should not have firearms. Yes they should already be locked up but they aren't due to the ****ed up justice system.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I hate the feds as much as the next guy but this is reasonably compelling evidence that these six are not what I would deem "regular" gun buyers.

The number of women in the list is interesting.
    I dunno, 15 guns in a year sounds good to me. I’ve slowed down since I have most of what I want, but I’ve had years where 15 was about right. I mean, one gun a month was the law in some places...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We spot them regularly from the NRA booth vantage point. SPAM Can Mom? She puts the rounds down range. Stops and asks about training? That's her gun. Stops and brags about new gun? Definitely her gun!

GF straw purchase for felon BF? Yeah it's kinda obvious.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've also noticed this while hanging out with a gun dealer friend at the show. If he gets the vibe that it might be a straw purchase, he just stops the transaction and tells them the 4473 is flagged "on hold by the ATF". If the buyer is legit, they will hang out and ask why and how long will it be delayed. In the case of a straw purchase, they usually scurry out of the building post haste. Always funny to watch.
    That is what I did at the shop. When a sketchy man walks in with some young girl, and he stands there telling her what to ask for and she wants to buy it, You know she is not the purchaser. I would say the one in stock cannot be sold because of a safety recall but I can order one and have it in three weeks. The "BATF being down" is another good stall. "That one is already on layaway to someone else". They get upset but leave without a straw purchase.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Yea Baby that Draco that's the one I..(you) want. Sir! My girlfriend would like to protect herself with that totally reasonable 8 inch Draco. Totally practical for her apartment. No its not for me.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    We prosecute weed far more severe than gun violations. Either that’s where the money is or we see what they really think the threat is.

just look at Indiana, carrying without permission is a misdemeano, 30grams of weed, is a felony.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We spot them regularly from the NRA booth vantage point. SPAM Can Mom? She puts the rounds down range. Stops and asks about training? That's her gun. Stops and brags about new gun? Definitely her gun!

GF straw purchase for felon BF? Yeah it's kinda obvious.
    "Straw buyer" and "ATF Confidential Informants buying guns" are always on my Indy 1500 Bingo Card.

Top Bottom