• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Jeffrey,
    LED's do not light up or reflect there eyes light a quartz halogen or incandescent lamp will. But on the other hand, I do not think that the LED's spooks them like an incandescent lamp does. That would be an individual preference. Good luck.

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    Here is my kills since the season started. The cards are for a contest I'm in.

DSC00752.jpg
    how far did he run :wow:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Went out this morning right after a 1" snow. Made 4 stands. 3 before the sun came up and saw nothing. Went to the edge of town behind a new addition of homes. Homeowners been complaining of there dogs and cats missing. We get out of the truck and saw plenty of fresh coyote tracks. Since it was at the edge of town I left the 243WSSM in the truck and grabbed a Ruger 10/22. Called for about 10 minutes when 4 came running in. I do not know why but they made a sudden stop about 200 yards out. Then turned and started to walk away. They made it about 30ft when I gave a woof call. all of them stooped and turned broadside to me. I raised the rifle and shot. three of them took off about 800 yards out and sat there barking at me. The one I aimed at just stood there with his back raised, then fell over. On the way to the truck a couple of police cars showed up because a neighbor seen a couple of guys with guns. we talked to them, then went and got the pic. The bullet hit about an inch lower than I was aiming. Another 25 points for team #5
    DSC00773.jpg

Dss21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Killed my first coyote sunday night about 9:45pm. I was in my brother in-laws tree stand. A nice male came running in and stopped about 35 to 45 yards out. It was standing broadside to me, I shot it and it ran about 50 yards and fell. Shot it with a 10/22magnum and a 4D maglight. Thats about all the farther my light will shine with the red lens.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    what area are you from Yotewacker?

I can't recall in on my time in the woods seeing a coyote, but I sure wouldn't mind learning the ropes.

Would a muzzleloader or 10/22 be alright to start out with?

I admit, you have peaked my interest.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Hickman, I mainly hunt in Shelby County. Should be not that far from you. Definitley no muzzle loader. I;I've only shot at 2 with a 10/22 and both died pretty quick. It surprised me that on both occasions the bullets went clean through. Even the one pictured above that went through at an angel. But really I prefer a larger caliber. At least a 204, but I prefer a 243 or 243wssm.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I figured ML would work if people were shooting at them with shotguns :D

Yes it will work. But I get a lot of doubles and a few triples. Last Sunday I had 4 come in at once. A muzzle loader will only get one at best.
    To much time calling for just one shot. bolt action is hard enough for a second shot.

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Like Hickman I find this very interesting. Does one need a license, where to hunt? My most appropriate rifle would probably be a scoped 10/22, although I do own an AR, 5.56, 1/7 twist, better? The damage done with the .243 was impressive, DRT.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Yes either a 10/22 or a 223 is works well. Here is another from today.
    100_4079.jpg

P.S. Had to load him to show another farmer I'm doing what I said I'd do to remove them for him.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    That looks awesome!!!!!

Agreed!

I believe I under estimated the power of a .22lr after hearing about people taking them with a 10/22.

Yotewacker, you said 200 yards with the Ruger and it was only a few inches from the projected area correct? What all is done to the 10/22 and what kind of ammo are you running through it?

Top Bottom