• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I use a Fox Pro Fury. It works well for me. The playing cards are for a contest on another forum. The cards are changed at random. To help prevent cheating. Nothing special at all about them. The first one was shot about 200-250 yards. The first one was around 350 yards. They were all shot using a good quality night vision.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i know what forum you are referring too my name is the sam on there as it is here. but what contest you doin i know the kill and chill isnt for the end of feb and i will be there for that with pokey. and is it too late to get in the contest

(just tried getting on the forum and it says the link is broken)

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Yes, I met Pokey I believe last year. I've offered to let him hunt with me, but he said he lives to far away. Seems like a very nice guy. You'll have fun this year.

The forum you speak of is the Indiana predator central. Yes it's in February, and I go to that every year. This contest has already started. It's national predator hunters association.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    dang it i wanted to join in on it. and talk for the kill and chill hasnt started has it and are there different classes?

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    Just tried my luck hunting for some yotes last night. Wish i had a call to make it easier, because we need to do some removal to save the chickens.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Got this last night
    coyote.jpg

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    Here are a few of mine. And to answer the question of what can you do with them there is a picture to show what I do with them. Im a predator hunter and a furharvester.I dont shoot coyotes out of season and I dont shoot them with guns that will blow them to pieces,at least not on purpose. I have taken a few weeks off from hunting coyotes while the orange army is out there shooting anything brown. Its time to start again!

0104090815a.jpg

squirrel09018.jpg

pitswt-1-1.jpg

elisfirst.jpg

Picture001.jpg

mangeyyote.jpg

0107080025.jpg

2007first.jpg

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Nice shooting newbomb, but I just shoot them. If you lived closer, I'd give them to you. We have a lot less deer, due to the coyotes around here. In fact we have so many, I get several calls a month from people telling me they took there cat or small dog off of there front porch. One lady tells me she has lost 2 poodles this fall. My cousin has lot 4 calves to them this year. They just hang around and wait for it to be born. Then drag it off as another distracts the mother. Very smart tactic.
    A recent article in Predator Extreme magazine tell of DNR that says in other states, surveys have been don and up to 68% of the fawns born are eaten by coyotes, Before you know it the DNR will turn wolves loose to kill coyotes. We see more coyotes than deer when deer hunting from a stand. I met you last winter on Jason's hunt. I have a 204 and have had a few runners with a improper placed shot. With the Dtech 243, they just fall to rest.

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    I totally agree with you on the fawn problem Mr. Drake! I use a straight .243 as my main gun, I want them anchored but not blown up. If I were to go to an AR platform Dtechs .243 wssm would be my first choice too. Hope your having a great season.

RainRider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    That looks like fun. I have taken a couple with my bow during archery season . called a few in for buddies but not too successful.

Redleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    I hope someone is hunting in Hancock county for coyotes. I have never heard or seen so many of them as right now. We have goats and small dogs and it will not be long before the coyotes come on to the farm.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Newbomb. I'm glad you hunt them. I really don't call what I do hunting. It's just shooting or blasting them. I hunt a lot of other animals. Which I mean that if I kill it I use it. Either for fur or food. But coyotes, crows and pigeons are useless, whether your city or country folk, nobody wants them around. So I say I shoot those animals, but hunt the rest. If I explained it right.

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    I hope someone is hunting in Hancock county for coyotes. I have never heard or seen so many of them as right now. We have goats and small dogs and it will not be long before the coyotes come on to the farm.

My buddy and I hunt all over Hancock county and northern Shelby county. If you have land and want someone to try and kill them for you let me know.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    And to answer the question of what can you do with them there is a picture to show what I do with them. Im a predator hunter and a furharvester.

Do you have a buyer who is taking coyote right now? No one around me will, dried or on the round. It was that way for most of last year too.

I don't know how the live market is doing but last I heard it was slow too.

Top Bottom