• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Look bhdpal, this is a very large forum. It has all kinds of people here. Many people here have grown to know each other very well. To them, this can be like the corner bar where they go to hang out with their buddies. It is not some organized, everyone gets a chance on the soapbox, one at a time, no interaction type of forum. Some people here are very serious all of the time. Most of us aren't. Just like at the bar, I will call some of the guys I like dickhead and we will laugh about it. We have a few out and out crazy people here. Some of us are never serious, always looking for the joke in everything. This is just a big cross section of 'Merica.

Who are you calling serious?!!!

The+Ugly+Dog+%25283%2529.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have been lucky enough to have met so many members. Some I call friends. Some acquaintances
    I don't think OP realizes that a lot of us here are friends/acquaintances in real life.
    And online, just like in REAL LIFE, I'll snark and sarc at yo' azz...ESPECIALLY if you "order" me not to. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My new friend,

On INGO, sometimes we disagree and go after each other and have big, philosophical fights in one topic, but when we agree in another, we compliment each other. Sometimes we're sarcastic the same way I am with my friends who stand right in front of me. Sometimes we get angry with each other.

Such is life.

I am no more interested in limiting how people express themselves than I am limiting what guns they choose to own. I won't agree with everyone, some will annoy me. I will annoy some of them. That's the way the world works.

I would urge you to grow a thicker skin, but having read these posts, I would suggest starting with a skin...of any type, and seeing where that goes (see that? Sarcasm, but good natured).

And even if others criticize pseudonyms while employing them, let there be no misunderstanding, to quote that famous, literary Merchant Marine of the funny papers: "I yam, what I yam".

Signed: Jim "HoughMade" Hough
    Spangler, Jennings & Dougherty, P.C.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Oh wow. Anyway, in the interest of disclosure, my real name is Lance Manly. One of my hobbies is Rock Climbing/Bouldering. Here's a pic from a recent trip:
    ZNuhwIA.jpg

Some guy at REI said those bands on my arms would help fatigue, not sure what the hell he's smokin'.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    And miss all the fun? Shirley, you jest.

Full disclosure, you have marked a target on your back. If you can't take some sarcasm or snippity snarkity sass, then perhaps the internet isn't going to be a good place for you.

And while we're on the topic, dammit, you do realize there are SISTERS in arms here too.

I'm not joking. And stop calling me Shirley!

Hey, did someone call for sarcasm? Sorry I'm late, let's go ahead and get started. I'm calling this meeting to order....

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Thanks for the welcome. A lot of replies to my intro follow-up thread COWARDS, suggested that I stick around and get to know folks before I spout any fire and flames. Fine! But "brothers in arms" don't attempt to belittle each other or make sarcastic remarks, instead of engaging in "good conversation." That's all I am looking for is "good conversation" from folks who have similar interests in guns, gun smithing, reloading shooting and protection of 2A Rights, regardless where you live in the USA. I will say it again, "I don't like sarcasm, sarcastic comments, or smart a.. remarks, about any of my threads or posts. Save those for the enemy, "gun grabbers and gun haters , and anti-2A politicians. I show respect to all my "brothers " in arms who fight along side me and fight for me, regardless whether in live combat with enemy forces or exchanging gunfire with armed thugs on the streets of our cities.

My thread was moved from the NEW MEMBERS INTRO to the BREAK ROOM by the MODERATOR. Fine, I respect that, because he or she, is the C/O of that FORUM, and I respect their position and follow orders. But I will not tolerate being disrespected or the brunt of someone's sarcastic comment, just to impress their buddies by demeaning some one, especially someone new to the forum. And I am not at all impressed by the "credits, certifications, affiliations, licenses, permits or shooting experience you listed in your avatar or under your forum name. I have many of my own credentials, including two tours of military duty, with live fire enemy combatants, and many years of inner city law enforcement uniform patrol service, serving seven live fire shoot-outs. None of which I will list under my forum name or avatar. Try shooting at something that shoots back, instead of counting scores on paper targets!

Yes, I live in Maryland and Yes, I am stuck in MD. I and other Marylanders have fought long and hard to stop the massive number of gun haters and gun grabbers who are elected by a population of the same mind set. We lawful gun owners and shooters are in the minority, we can not win at the ballot box, nor can we win with any local news media. Every time someone gets shot by a criminal in MD the Media calls it GUN VIOLENCE, NOT VIOLENT CRIMINAL OR GANG VIOLENCE. It's always the GUNs and the lawful gun owners who are at fault. Never the thugs who use them to commit crime. So we live with it, and we deal with it, without asking for help from other States with lawful gunowners, and we sure as hell don't get any help from the NRA. But we have a lot of NRA members including my self. So don't tell me to move. I will stay and fight until the last one of us is left standing.

So if you want to comment on what I have to say, feel free to do so. If you want to make a sarcastic remark to impress your buddies or show how important you think you are, take your sarcastic remark and stick it where the sun don't shine.

These are the very types of demeaning sarcastic remarks that quickly discourage new gun owners to avoid becoming involve with so-called pro-gun, pro-2A forums.

Fortunately, I have experienced this before and I don't run and hide. Bottom line, I will respect you, as long as you respect me!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

No, that's Santa.
    Santa ain't my best ho. My best ho lives in AZ and I miss her face. Except when she visited last week. Then I was all "Coffee time best ho??" And she was all "Straight up, you KNOW it, best ho!!" So we went to Starbucks a lot and earned a lot of stars so now I get free stuff. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom