• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’ve been saying the best thing Democrats could do is have the press make up some ******** story about how the vaccine/mask mandates are responsible for the drop in cases/hospitalizations/deaths, have Fauci and the CDC concur, then Psak-o-**** press Secretary declares covid over, Biden declares victory, drops all mandates, recommends all states to remove all restrictions.

They aren't that smart. The new narrative is "the science has changed"... :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Self terminate would be the "best" thing.
    Well sure. But from their perspective if they want any shot at not being blown out in the midterms, they got a little over half the year to fix their reputation and **** out some kind of economy that works. And first they have to drop all the mandates in a way that retains the true believers who are deluded in their faith of vaccines and masks. Without that as the basis the rest ain’t happening.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well sure. But from their perspective if they want any shot at not being blown out in the midterms, they got a little over half the year to fix their reputation and **** out some kind of economy that works. And first they have to drop all the mandates in a way that retains the true believers who are deluded in their faith of vaccines and masks. Without that as the basis the rest ain’t happening.
    There is approximately zero chance that the economy changes course in the next 6 months. I don't think any one could reasonably change the course of where we are that quickly. If they don't have something special up their sleeves to get the left excited, it's going to be ugly for the Democrat party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is approximately zero chance that the economy changes course in the next 6 months. I don't think any one could reasonably change the course of where we are that quickly. If they don't have something special up their sleeves to get the left excited, it's going to be ugly for the Democrat party.
    Right. I don’t think even if a sane Republican took over right now that the economy could recover to anywhere near where it was at the beginning of 0biden’s term before the election.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Right. I don’t think even if a sane Republican took over right now that the economy could recover to anywhere near where it was at the beginning of 0biden’s term before the election.
    Absolutely. Literally no one. I'm not even talking about blame or why we are here or who caused it. I think a multitude of factors led us here, some self inflicted, and some probably the natural ebb and flow at an inconvenient time, but frankly that's somewhat irrelevant since we are already here. I'm not anywhere close to an economist and my brain starts to hurt when I try to reason through a way out. Everything that comes to mind will cause a reaction/unintended consequences that will screw up something else. It's no wonder we have so many scumbags for politicians...no sane person would want to deal with this ****.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    snip ...Everything that comes to mind will cause a reaction/unintended consequences that will screw up something else.

Well, one big thing that would help is getting everybody back to work. Throughout this whole ordeal, in my little printshop, whenever one of us got the sniffles or similar, we'd put on our big boy/girl pants, and come to work. NO TESTS/NO VAX REQUIRED/SHOW YOUR ASS UP TO WORK IF YOU'RE ABLE. Don't ask - don't tell. Just the work.

Stop the freakin testing everytime someone gets sniffly.

We've all probably had covid in my shop - some of us vaxed, some of us didn't. But we kept producing, and actually prospered where some other companies didn't.

Granted, that's on a small scale, but as a country, we need to get back to work.

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well, one big thing that would help is getting everybody back to work. Throughout this whole ordeal, in my little printshop, whenever one of us got the sniffles or similar, we'd put on our big boy/girl pants, and come to work. NO TESTS/NO VAX REQUIRED/SHOW YOUR ASS UP TO WORK IF YOU'RE ABLE. Don't ask - don't tell. Just the work.

We've all probably had covid in my shop - some of us vaxed, some of us didn't. But we kept producing, and actually prospered where some other companies didn't.

Granted, that's on a small scale, but as a country, we need to get back to work.

Genuine question...why do you think that would help? Are people going without pay and/or drawing from government benefits when out with COVID and as a result not putting money back into the economy? Or is it because of decreased productivity? The business I oversee only had a handful of employees so I don't necessarily understand some of the problems from a management standpoint. We paid people while they were out with COVID and slack was picked up by everyone else so productivity didn't dip.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Genuine question...why do you think that would help? Are people going without pay and/or drawing from government benefits when out with COVID and as a result not putting money back into the economy? Or is it because of decreased productivity? The business I oversee only had a handful of employees so I don't necessarily understand some of the problems from a management standpoint. We paid people while they were out with COVID and slack was picked up by everyone else so productivity didn't dip.
    Productivity. Granted the govt teet people have spent 18 months suckling hasn’t helped. Production is down, shipping is ****ed. Flat ****ed. Crash your car today, you’re not getting it into a shop until April. Then you’ll be waiting longer for the parts to arrive IF there are any available. We’ve had cars down for 6 months.

Think about that for a minute. You have an accident. Insurance company provides you a rental car. Your car is down for 6 months waiting on parts to get repaired so the rental agancey is down a car for 6 months that they can’t rent to others at full price. They can’t go buy more cars for their fleets because there aren’t any to buy. Car dealers scramble to find something to sell, so their profitability is down. Means their employees pay are down. The trucking companies have no cars to move so their drivers are either reduced hours or laid off. Manufacturers are closing shifts because they don’t have the raw materials to build because there aren’t enough workers to make the parts. It keeps going and going.

And you’ve still ignored everything about treatments over vax discussion. Still. Just easier to silo people into your neat little categories I guess.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Productivity. Granted the govt teet people have spent 18 months suckling hasn’t helped. Production is down, shipping is ****ed. Flat ****ed. Crash your car today, you’re not getting it into a shop until April. Then you’ll be waiting longer for the parts to arrive IF there are any available. We’ve had cars down for 6 months.

Think about that for a minute. You have an accident. Insurance company provides you a rental car. Your car is down for 6 months waiting on parts to get repaired so the rental agancey is down a car for 6 months that they can’t rent to others at full price. They can’t go buy more cars for their fleets because there aren’t any to buy. Car dealers scramble to find something to sell, so their profitability is down. Means their employees pay are down. The trucking companies have no cars to move so their drivers are either reduced hours or laid off. Manufacturers are closing shifts because they don’t have the raw materials to build because there aren’t enough workers to make the parts. It keeps going and going.

And you’ve still ignored everything about treatments over vax discussion. Still. Just easier to silo people into your neat little categories I guess.
    You're for sure spot on about shipping....that's the biggest issue I'm seeing right now with drug shortages. The drugs are out there, just in the wrong place and companies can't efficiently get them to the right place.

As for treatments it is totally useless for you and I to talk about it man. I'll cite some studies about why you're wrong, you'll cite some about why I'm wrong, then we will talk about why our sources are valid and the other person's aren't. I'm not telling you I think the government has done a great job...I'm telling you that people on the front lines are doing everything that they are able to do.

Do I think ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine help people with COVID? Not really. Do I think people should have access to it if they can find a doctor to prescribe it. Sure. I may or may not personally know some pharmacists/pharmacies working closely with some providers to get people access to it.

Do I think the various vitamins and supplements protect against covid? In a sense. I think if you're already "below baseline" and start supplementing with them then you are much better off than you were without.

Then the conversation inevitably turns to hospitals not allowing doctors to prescribe it or for it to be administered in their facility. That's an extremely nuanced issue to me and the conversation can go in so many different directions.

I'll admit, I knew jerked a but when it felt that people were saying the whole of healthcare workers don't care about people dying. I also struggle when people (and this is not towards anyone in particular) downplay the severity of covid, then bitch that the system doesn't care about people with COVID and sends them home to die. That feels like playing both sides of the ball to me. I'm not mad at anyone and I'm not afraid of tough conversations, but I'm so exhausted from the last two years and just tired of talking about it when most people aren't going to be open to a different view point.

I'm sincerely sorry if I've offended anyone or said something that came off in a way unbecoming. I'm tired of being part of the divisiveness in America.

That post was longer than I'd intended.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I personally hope that the one thing that sticks with people from this is if they are sick they should stay home. I'm not talking about some sniffles or such, but if you are running a fever you have no business going out in public and getting other people sick. It was true before Covid, it is true during Covid, and it is true after Covid.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are you kidding me? Hell, I still can't get Dominos to deliver a pizza unless the ONE remaining delivery driver happens to be working that day, and on the shift when I would be ordering. The whole freaking Dominos business model was built on delivery, and they're shot to hell. People need to get their asses back to work. Period. Full stop.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Are you kidding me? Hell, I still can't get Dominos to deliver a pizza unless the ONE remaining delivery driver happens to be working that day, and on the shift when I would be ordering. The whole freaking Dominos business model was built on delivery, and they're shot to hell. People need to get their asses back to work. Period. Full stop.
    Devil's advocate...people not taking those jobs is the free market at work. Granted, tree money has influenced things significantly, but maybe companies need to accept the fact that the days of the minimum wage worker are gone. If you can't pay what people are willing to work for and still make money, maybe the business model is broken.

I'm not saying I do or don't believe that, but I think it's a worthwhile conversation for someone smarter than me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I personally hope that the one thing that sticks with people from this is if they are sick they should stay home. I'm not talking about some sniffles or such, but if you are running a fever you have no business going out in public and getting other people sick. It was true before Covid, it is true during Covid, and it is true after Covid.
    I've always done that. Ever since I was a kid and sticking a thermometer on the lightbulb on my bedside lamp so I could get out of going to school. :lmfao:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Absolutely. Literally no one. I'm not even talking about blame or why we are here or who caused it. I think a multitude of factors led us here, some self inflicted, and some probably the natural ebb and flow at an inconvenient time, but frankly that's somewhat irrelevant since we are already here. I'm not anywhere close to an economist and my brain starts to hurt when I try to reason through a way out. Everything that comes to mind will cause a reaction/unintended consequences that will screw up something else. It's no wonder we have so many scumbags for politicians...no sane person would want to deal with this ****.
    Don’t get me wrong. This is 0biden’s economy. It was a mistake to shut everything down. That one is on Trump, but in fairness that’s what his advisers told him to do. But 0biden took things to the next level trying to make every progressive’s wet dreams come true.

But it’s gonna take a sane Republican to get the economy humming again. There is no Democrat who can do it now. They’re all ****ing crazy. They care more about **** on men and defunding police.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It has been true for a long time in many developed countries, but never was here. Also...I agree.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Devil's advocate...people not taking those jobs is the free market at work. Granted, tree money has influenced things significantly, but maybe companies need to accept the fact that the days of the minimum wage worker are gone. If you can't pay what people are willing to work for and still make money, maybe the business model is broken.

I'm not saying I do or don't believe that, but I think it's a worthwhile conversation for someone smarter than me.
    They're offering 18 bucks an hour and a 1000 dollar signing bonus. Sorry, not sorry. Get your asses back to work.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Don’t get me wrong. This is 0biden’s economy. It was a mistake to shut everything down. That one is on Trump, but in fairness that’s what his advisers told him to do. But 0biden took things to the next level trying to make every progressive’s wet dreams come true.

But it’s gonna take a sane Republican to get the economy humming again. There is no Democrat who can do it now. They’re all ****ing crazy. They care more about **** on men and defunding police.
    I don't like Trump, but in his and his advisors defense...we were far from the only country shutting down.

Top Bottom