• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Florida shuts monoclonal antibody treatment sites after FDA sets new limits

So the FDA yanked the EUA for the two most common monoclonal antibody treatments used in treating the 'Rona.

They say...

Seems odd they have that kind of data so quickly. Wonder where their data is showing how 'active' any of the vaccines are against the dreaded omicron?
    It's true though. Existing MAB from Regeneron and Lilly were made against non-mutated spike proteins. Omicron has like 20 mutations on spike proteins which is why it was side stepping the vaccines.

I felt amazing after MAB for Delta. Anecdotally patients did not note much improvement after mab for omicron. Sotrovimab is different. That one is recommended as it is working better.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's true though. Existing MAB from Regeneron and Lilly were made against non-mutated spike proteins. Omicron has like 20 mutations on spike proteins which is why it was side stepping the vaccines.

I felt amazing after MAB for Delta. Anecdotally patients did not note much improvement after mab for omicron. Sotrovimab is different. That one is recommended as it is working better.
    I hope they’re working on a MAB concoction that targets Omicron. Though not as pathogenic as Delta was some people are having a rough time with Omicron.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, exceptions disprove the rule but not the stereotype? Got it!

Sounds nuanced, or something
    Hey! By jove you finally got it! Yer getting nuance! Congratulations!

Indeed exceptions disprove the rule but not the stereotype. Take the statement, “Religions are about killing dissenters”. As a rule, a valid counterexample disproves the rule. Stereotypes, on the other hand, are built from observations about tendencies.

An anecdotal case of a handful of religions that have overridden the human tendency to kill dissenters does not disprove the stereotype if the stereotype still represents the majority of religions. The thing that would disprove the stereotype is most religions not killing off dissenters. And that’s the case now. Of the most common religions today, most no longer advocate killing people. That sterotype is outdated. Christians no longer kill “heretics”.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You did. Religion wants to kill.
    That is not what I said. I replied to religion having a limit in its hatred asking what is a step up from wanting to kill everyone that does not believe like you. Talking about limits is not the same as saying every religious person believes that.

Are you denying that religions have done that? History is full of examples of religion after religion doing just that.

I often am amazed that humanity has managed to thrive with our propensity for killing each.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That is not what I said. I replied to religion having a limit in its hatred asking what is a step up from wanting to kill everyone that does not believe like you. Talking about limits is not the same as saying every religious person believes that.

Are you denying that religions have done that? History is full of examples of religion after religion doing just that.

I often am amazed that humanity has managed to thrive with our propensity for killing each.
    Maybe you haven’t seen sone of these people posting about the anti-Vaxers and trumpers. They’re pretty much kill then all attitude at this point.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom