• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The "government" isn't always one thing or the other, nor are political enemies always wrong or those we side with always rights.

It's all way more complicated and nuanced than that.

One generality- few people who don't think they know better than you run for office. 1) Some think they know better than you, but you should get to decide. 2) Some think they know better than you, but you should get to choose sometimes. 3) Some think they know better than you and that they should decide.

About 10 to 15% fall in category 1 and about the same in 3. Most are a variation on #2.

The reason why Orwell got so much right is that he wasn't really predicting the future. He was observing history and human nature and simply reporting what had always- always- gone on and applying it to a future context.

In gvt., there are very few "good guys", very few "evil guys" and a whole lot of egotistical people who think they are doing the "right" thing...as they see it.

Anyhoo.....

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    WHO does a 180
    Being manipulated by your government, regardless of whichever letter comes after their name, and not being able to question them, is the very definition of Orwellian.

The problem is government itself, and that it has been given (or taken) so much unquestioned authority over the citizens for whom it is is supposed to represent.
    I can't imagine how anyone would rely on any .Gov for any truthful information. Info changes like the wind to keep people disagreeing, confused and compliant. Yet here we are a couple years later discussing the latest variant and Da Vax efficacy.

Big gov does create its own problems for control and expansion. They've turned a lot of efficient helpful processes into crimes against humanity by creating large systems of bureaucracies with a increasing power grid overlay for manipulation and control.

So TPTB don't want to be questioned, and I'll rephrase my ongoing mantra statement into one.

Is the Vax a Bioweapon? Depop?
    Was the Election Flu the setup?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The "government" isn't always one thing or the other, nor are political enemies always wrong or those we side with always rights.

One generality- few people who don't think they know better than you run for office. 1) Some think they know better than you, but you should get to decide. 2) Some think they know better than you, but you should get to choose sometimes. 3) Some think they know better than you and that they should decide.

About 10 to 15% fall in category 1 and about the same in 3. Most are a variation on #2.

The reason why Orwell got so much right is that he wasn't really predicting the future. He was observing history and human nature and simply reporting what had always- always- gone on and applying it to a future context.

In gvt., there are very few "good guys", very few "evil guys" and a whole lot of egotistical people who think they are doing the "right" thing...as they see it.

Anyhoo.....
    So much right in this post.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    TPTB tried to mandate that everyone needs to get vaccinated, but the data shows that current vaccines have very low efficacy against Omicron which is the current dominant variant.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Anyhoo.....
    In my opinion there are more type 3 critters than that. Some start that way because of over-inflated egos and some get that way when their perceived power goes to their head.
    Some have very low opinions of their constituents and sadly they are too often correct.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    In my opinion there are more type 3 critters than that. Some start that way because of over-inflated egos and some get that way when their perceived power goes to their head.
    Some have very low opinions of their constituents and sadly they are too often correct.
    IMHO the vast majority are #3 and the rest just take bribe money. Evil is rampant, when you have one party that is nearly 100% on board with abortion, and keeping God and prayer out of much as possible you can rest assured they don't make Godly decisions, most of the time its not even common sense.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    TPTB tried to mandate that everyone needs to get vaccinated, but the data shows that current vaccines have very low efficacy against Omicron which is the current dominant variant.
    Seems to me the prudent thing for the current government to do is back off on these vax mandates and see where this Omicron takes us. Some experts are saying that after Omicron peaks we will be headed toward an endemic phase without a return to a more virulent variant. Then a specific booster shot can be developed relating to a current variant of the virus that led us there. Just like they do with flu vaccines. It can then be administered to those that want them just like a yearly flu shot. After all, flu shots are elective and aren't mandated by the government.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seems to me the prudent thing for the current government to do is back off on these vax mandates and see where this Omicron takes us. Some experts are saying that after Omicron peaks we will be headed toward an endemic phase without a return to a more virulent variant. Then a specific booster shot can be developed relating to a current variant of the virus that led us there. Just like they do with flu vaccines. It can then be administered just like a yearly flu shot. After all, flu shots are elective and aren't mandated by the government.
    Why the hell should any of us get forced to take an outdated vaccine? Even the pharmaceutical companies are recognizing that the current vaccines are outdated because they are trying to come up with Omicron specific vaccines. It just doesn't make any sense.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    He's being disingenuous. He knows that we are specifically referring to the Executive branch acting in an Orwellian manner.
    No, I don't think I'm the one being disingenuous in this conversation. Plenty of problems with our government, as there has been for a good long time. The issue I have is that so many people 1) seem to think COVID is the Orwellian tipping point and 2) compare anything from the government that they don't like to Orwell.

It's no different than the Nazi trope...overused, dramatic and exhausting.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe you should put Snowden on that list of people you actually need to read, too
    Maybe. I always forget that I'm the uneducated/ignorant one in any conversation on INGO where the majority disagrees with me. I know nothing about the PRISM program, please enlighten me.

On that note, if you want to compare PRISM and the handling of the fallout to Orwell, that seems much more logical to me.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No, I don't think I'm the one being disingenuous in this conversation. Plenty of problems with our government, as there has been for a good long time. The issue I have is that so many people 1) seem to think COVID is the Orwellian tipping point and 2) compare anything from the government that they don't like to Orwell.

It's no different than the Nazi trope...overused, dramatic and exhausting.
    As you can maybe tell by my recent rant posts, I have moved past this Orwellian debate and it's not because I feel that I've lost on that topic mind you.

I still believe that when the government expects me to believe anything they say without question to justify a mandate over what my own eyes and ears are telling me it is Orwellian in nature IMO.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I had a long well thought out post about how the govt has been moving ever towards the Orwellian state we keep referring to and that’s why we talk about it yadda yadda yadda. Then I realized it was completely wasted because the people that should read and comprehend it will just argue about a typo or something else inane and I don’t care enough

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    From Reuters:
    The White House’s direct engagement with the companies to mitigate the challenge has not been previously reported. Biden’s chief of staff Ron Klain has previously said the administration will try to work with Silicon Valley on the issue.
    “Disinformation that causes vaccine hesitancy is going to be a huge obstacle to getting everyone vaccinated and there are no larger players in that than the social media platforms,” said the source, who has direct knowledge of the White House’s efforts.
    “We are talking to them … so they understand the importance of misinformation and disinformation and how they can get rid of it quickly.”
The Biden White House is especially trying to make sure such material “does not start trending on such platforms and become a broader movement,” the source said.
    A spokesperson from Facebook confirmed that the company proactively reached out to the Biden White House to offer “any assistance we can provide.” A Twitter spokesperson said that the company is “in regular communication with the White House on a number of critical issues including COVID-19 misinformation.”
    The truth is out there, but only if they agree with it.
    Free market of ideas indeed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The truth is out there, but only if they agree with it.
    Free market of ideas indeed.
    They are full of ****. The WH is now trying to force everyone to get vaccinated with outdated vaccines. Like I said in a previous post the pharmaceutical companies are even acknowledging that the current vaccines are outdated and that's why they are trying to come up with an Omicron specific vaccine. Why should I then be forced to comply with their bull**** when my own eyes and ears are telling me different?

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    From Reuters:
    The White House’s direct engagement with the companies to mitigate the challenge has not been previously reported. Biden’s chief of staff Ron Klain has previously said the administration will try to work with Silicon Valley on the issue.
    “Disinformation that causes vaccine hesitancy is going to be a huge obstacle to getting everyone vaccinated and there are no larger players in that than the social media platforms,” said the source, who has direct knowledge of the White House’s efforts.
    “We are talking to them … so they understand the importance of misinformation and disinformation and how they can get rid of it quickly.”
The Biden White House is especially trying to make sure such material “does not start trending on such platforms and become a broader movement,” the source said.
    A spokesperson from Facebook confirmed that the company proactively reached out to the Biden White House to offer “any assistance we can provide.” A Twitter spokesperson said that the company is “in regular communication with the White House on a number of critical issues including COVID-19 misinformation.”
    This should help them a lot in pushing their "alternative facts".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You're damn right there should be hesitancy when it comes to being forced to capitulate to a government mandate which consists of constantly being pumped full of vaccines which may or may not be effective just because they say so. **** that.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I don’t see anything about vaccines in that quote so I don’t know what you are on about.
    Thank you for correcting my error. I am unable to follow the "Groupthink" of those who cannot meme. Next time, I will just roll over and be enlightened by those who flaunt their superior wisdom.

Top Bottom