• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    If someone doesn't come back to church, were they part of the church to begin with?
    Is God not capable of bringing his church back together?

Which country has had the big growth in the past quarter century and which country has experience a decline in church attendance?

A) America, where Christianity is openly promoted and there is freedom of religion.
    B) China, where communism reigns and religion is controlled, and violators may be imprisoned.

Please don't tell me God can't handle some limited COVID restrictions. Our church was closed for a couple of months, then reopened to 2x the number of services and ended the year with record income and attendance.

And please don't tell me I failed a (unbiblical) Christianity test because I choose not to apply politics to everything.

It's simply a matter of who is in authority.

Here is the article he mentions:

Last edited:

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe

Washington, D.C. Councilmember Brianne Nadeau has had a rollercoaster of emotions this past week. At first she was “flabbergasted and angry” that Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) would dare end the city’s draconian COVID-19 vaccine mandate, then the mother of two moved towards “thankful” optimism that her newly introduced bill to extend the requirement in certain businesses would pass on Friday, thereby reinstating the mandate for 90 days. By Thursday evening, however, Nadeau was “incredibly disappointed” to announce that she could not garner enough support and would be forced to withdraw her prized bill.

:yesway:
    It’s all emotions — not a single word about reason, science (whatever passes for it nowadays), legality.
    You see, I would prefer my elected reps or to be emotional little b$tches, but servants of the people. Is that too much to ask?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If someone doesn't come back to church, were they part of the church to begin with?
    Is God not capable of bringing his church back together?

Which country has had the big growth in the past quarter century and which country has experience a decline in church attendance?

A) America, where Christianity is openly promoted and there is freedom of religion.
    B) China, where communism reigns and religion is controlled, and violators may be imprisoned.

Please don't tell me God can't handle some limited COVID restrictions. Our church was closed for a couple of months, then reopened to 2x the number of services and ended the year with record income and attendance.

And please don't tell me I failed a (unbiblical) Christianity test because I choose not to apply politics to everything.
    Bow to God and follow his word, not the false god of government…

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's simply a matter of who is in authority.

Here is the article he mentions:
    God is. God always was and always will be. Regardless of who's in the White House, or whether you stay at home a few months during a global pandemic.

And obeying a lawful order doesn't make you less a Christian, but more. It's Biblical.

And to try and compare this to any other time period or place isn't a fair comparison. Other places and times were outlawing Christianity itself - that's a clear law God wants you to break. Here it's far different, it's not an attack on your religion, but on a virus. To say anything else is a clearly delusional and a false victimhood.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    God is. God always was and always will be. Regardless of who's in the White House, or whether you stay at home a few months during a global pandemic.

And obeying a lawful order doesn't make you less a Christian, but more. It's Biblical.

And to try and compare this to any other time period or place isn't a fair comparison. Other places and times were outlawing Christianity itself - that's a clear law God wants you to break. Here it's far different, it's not an attack on your religion, but on a virus. To say anything else is a clearly delusional and a false victimhood.
    When other similar events were treated differently it was an attack on Christianity. You keep up the rationalizations you are so good at…

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

By whose authority do you say these things?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    By whose authority do you say these things?
    :rolleyes:

Just like Greg Locke, a couple of demons and I were chatting and they told me all this. And I believe them because demons never lie. They also told me the names of five INGOers that are witches.
    (I know that should go in the other thread, but that guy is BSC)

I have as much authority to speak God's truth as Mr. Prager, The Pope, John MacArthur, Joel Osteen, or you, or any other professing Christian.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you can bully me into silence.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    :rolleyes:

Just like Greg Locke, a couple of demons and I were chatting and they told me all this. And I believe them because demons never lie. They also told me the names of five INGOers that are witches.
    (I know that should go in the other thread, but that guy is BSC)

I have as much authority to speak God's truth as Mr. Prager, The Pope, John MacArthur, Joel Osteen, or you, or any other professing Christian.

Just because you don't agree with me doesn't mean you can bully me into silence.

Demons indeed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Demons indeed.
    We can differ on so many theological issues and still consider each other brothers in Christ: baptism, the Lord's supper, Calvinism, eschatology, KJV only, egalitarianism... We may not be the same denomination, but still hold to the essentials that make us Christians.

Yet we're letting political issues divide the church. And we've gotten so sure that our political convictions are right we're willing to call other Christians demonic because they don't agree with us.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous?

Have we lost all sense of grace?

I think there's some Proverb that might warn about adding politics to God's Word, but I can't think of it now.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County

Galatians 1:8​

“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Galatians 1:8​

“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”
    OK, you're going to have to prove that someone is preaching you a different Gospel than the one preached by Paul and Peter.

You can't just accuse someone of a false Gospel because you don't like their politics.
    That's just as bad as people telling Christians not to judge.

Top Bottom