• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Every state has a judicial review process for dealing with rogue judges. New York has a Judicial Commission to deal with Judicial Misconduct. As I read information about New York, other than for felony convictions, actual removal in New York per the state's constitution, requires the state legislature to do so, which could be recommended or referred to it by the Commission. Nonetheless I would expect such gross disregard to be immediately overturned and if necessary, a request to go to Federal Court, or a Petition for Writ of Cert to SCOTUS for violating the 8th Amendment.

An Appellate Judge Merits Panel of several judges pulling such a stunt would result in enormous legal backlash on the judges involved. The optics of it would be horrific for them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Every state has a judicial review process for dealing with rogue judges. New York has a Judicial Commission to deal with Judicial Misconduct. As I read information about New York, other than for felony convictions, actual removal in New York per the state's constitution, requires the state legislature to do so, which could be recommended or referred to it by the Commission. Nonetheless I would expect such gross disregard to be immediately overturned and if necessary, a request to go to Federal Court, or a Petition for Writ of Cert to SCOTUS for violating the 8th Amendment.

An Appellate Judge Merits Panel of several judges pulling such a stunt would result in enormous legal backlash on the judges involved. The optics of it would be horrific for them.

You legitimately believe the bluest state in the nation would meet the threshold to remove a judge who has served the party's interest? I'm sorry, but lol.

SCOTUS wouldn't even listen to arguments or evidence for the election, they'd be far less inclined in this instance.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

Who is following this in New York?

Wake up, it wouldn't happen (see today's verdict).

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Trump phenomenon has pushed them to this level of response. Once again Trump is showing the people just who they are. They no longer can hide behind the cloud of obfuscation.

The issue is, if people are willing to keep living a lie, it doesn't matter how loudly the truth is hitting them in the face.

People won't even take time off work to protest, what do you think they'll do when the circumstance risks their lives?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Appellate court cannot increase sentence. It can only reduce it, or overturn it. That said, I don't have any faith in the next court up the chain in and appeal. He might get something fair out of the New York Supreme Court. He cannot file Motion to Grant Cert with SCOTUS until ALL possible state appeals are completely and totally exhausted.
    Don’t inject real law in the b****session.

You are spot on. That is why they hung their hat on the state actions not federal.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    He can only pardon himself for federal convictions, not state convictions. He can only be pardoned of today's conviction by the New York Governor.
    You assume he will stick to the rules. After what we've witnesses in recent years I'd say that's a fool's errand.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There would probably be a pardon and a presidential citation for whoever assassinated Trump.

A problem created by big media painting Tump as Hitler is the expectation of canonization for this act by potential assassins.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hopefully his Secret Service detail decides this has all gone far enough and does what they were hired -- and obligated - to do in the event their asset is threatened.

Either Trump himself or his close staff really need to up their game here. I don't have any idea how secret service details are assigned, but in his shoes my SA would be on high alert for strange faces or changes.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Tammany provided what it was paid to do, the verdict encumbers Trump's campaign and allows the DNC to hang the felon sign around his neck. I don't think they care how an appeal goes one way or the other. Like a boxing match after a knock down it will be interesting to see the next move as Trump certainly wasn't on the canvas long. Will they continue the lawfare or evaluate the results of this strike.

I expect to see a whole legal industry develop from this, it's always been around to a degree, but it's going to become much more widespread.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Coming out if the wilderness to say that those bastards have just convinced me to vote for Trump. Lawless a-holes.
    Same. Im no longer holding my nose to push that button.
    A problem created by big media painting Tump as Hitler is the expectation of canonization for this act by potential assassins.
    Meanwhile, nobody is bothering to assassinate biden because they know he's irrelevant. Removing him changes nothing. It would be like stealing the hubcaps on a car. Car still drives exactly the way it did before. No change.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Rail Station. But not because I’m deeply enamored with all things choo-choo. It’s been clear for several years now that the Judicial branch has been loaded with activists for many years now. The concept of fair and impartial Justice has been relegated to scripture alone. An “old dusty book of patriarchal and bigoted opinions.”

The whole lot of ‘em would have been dancing in the trees like so many Christmas ornaments, back when this nation strove for what was right and just. The Righteous have given way to the self-righteous.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I always love your posts and respect your opinion, phylo, but I have to say you've come up short here.

On Day One he needs to do what he should have done on 1/6/21, but failed to do...declare martial law and have all of the high-profile players arrested for treason. It would have been better to start the party with nominal control over "the system" than playing with a weak hand, as Americans generally do.

Note I did not say "the right" because that idea has long since lost any meaning. It's nomenclature from the French revolution that the weak-minded have continued to carry forward over two centuries. At this point, there are only Americans and Globalists. This has nothing to do with race, party, etc. although there are statistical biases towards globalism in some groups more than others.

This event will jolt the Overton window forward more than most people would expect or will like. The last bastion of our Republic, our legal system, has demonstrably fallen, with this case as the poster child. It was certainly rickety before this day, but it is a pile of rubble now. And save the, "Well, it will be overturned on appeal..." hopium. The fact this has happened in our financial capital, "the world's city" as some have called it, to a former President who is currently running for the same office, proves the malfeasance that has victimized citizens of all races and levels of wealth for decades now.

The bad guys have crossed the Rubicon. The game is now truly afoot.
    If "President" Trump could declare martial law in Jan 2021, then President Biden could declare martial any time before then "for the good of the nation" and declare the election null and void, if he had not stopped it previously.

So, then are we then going to have a nation where various right or left wing presidents are going to declare martial law, because they have some grievance? Maybe a President could suspend Congress during martial law, if he does not like its performance.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If "President" Trump could declare martial law in Jan 2021, then President Biden could declare martial any time before then "for the good of the nation" and declare the election null and void, if he had not stopped it previously.

So, then are we then going to have a nation where various right or left wing presidents are going to declare martial law, because they have some grievance? Maybe a President could suspend Congress during martial law, if he does not like its performance.
    Hey, you're catching on!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    A public tally needs to be kept of who says what in the wake of this abomination.

We need this to be a demarcation line indicating, we tried to follow the rules, but now, as Craterface said in Grease, "The rules are, there ain't no rules..."
    So, the slovenly, neck fat tucking former governor of the once great state of Maryland, Larry Hog-an, recites the predictable, "Muh rule of law!" line at this critical juncture in history.

"...all leaders—regardless of party—must not pour fuel on the fire with more toxic partisanship. We must reaffirm what has made this nation great: the rule of law."

Top Bottom