• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    :ar15:I love being able to step outside and take a short wallk to target shoot!! Hubby comes home tonight ..I met him at the door with some new ammo and twist his arm to go shooting. So nice to have no neighbors and live outside city limits.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sweet, ain't it? I gotta chuckle when the Mrs. complains about .22 brass on the front porch... An old buddy brought his 4 boys out today for some shooting and safety instruction. We drilled the four rules between turns. We shot .22lr into paper, steel bells, (homemade), and the old washing machine tub burn barrel down by the sitting area under the berry trees. Each got a turn or two with a .410, and each got five shots with the 226 in 9mm. I think they had a good time, and they could all recite the four rules by the time they left. A good afternoon.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    you tryin to make us city guys jealous??just kiddin.i loved it when i lived in the country.:yesway:wish my wife would meet me at the door with ammo even though i live in the city.

Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    Well if they're trying to make us city boys jealous, they succeeded. I'm jealous haha. I can't wait to get out of the subburbs and move down south more.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Last time I did that was... Tuesday. Testing out some 9mm reloads.

Was wondering about people who shoot on their own property. Do you all use anything for a backstop? So far I've got a small pile of dirt going, nearest neighbor in the direction I'm shooting is 1/2 mile. I've been limiting myself to shooting mostly a .22lr pistol (Buckmark) and rifle (10/22.)

I've shot a little w/ 9mm handgun, testing reloads, and we tested some shotgun 00, and a mini-14 (.223)

The .223 was interesting because we did a couple of shots, and on the last one heard the sound of the bullet, which we didn't think was good, so we stopped shooting that.

I'd eventually like to get a 6-8' tall berm going with a proper target stand, and marked stations (5, 15, 20, 50 yards.)

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Country living is bliss! I grew up in a town with no stoplights, far away from the hustle and bustle. I moved to the Indy area for school and now I'm trying to get away from it! I miss being able to shoot in the back yard. I miss having a REAL back yard.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My front lawn slopes down towards the back and a small river valley. Nothing at all in that direction for about a mile. Try to always shoot down into the ground, too, and limit my calibers to stuff that even if it does ricochet won't go too far. The neighbor's cattle are expennnnnsive, and I don't wanna buy one.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    My parents house sits right where an abandoned rail road used to. About a quarter of a mile down, what's left of it pops up. It's about 15 foot high, and solid like that for a good half a mile or more. Perfect for shooting.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    :ar15:I love being able to step outside and take a short wallk to target shoot!! Hubby comes home tonight ..I met him at the door with some new ammo and twist his arm to go shooting. So nice to have no neighbors and live outside city limits.

Yep, I could not agree more, I love living in the country!

BUT THIS
    I am an old married guy, which is why I didn't,
    BUT I CAN NOT BELIEVE NOBODY HAS ASKED IF YOU HAVE A SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom