• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    No neighbors within 1/4 mile either side, and no one 1 mile behind makes for good "patio shooting"... :yesway:
    rszlawn001.jpg

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Back in the 1970's-80's(DAYS OF FREEDOM)people would let you shoot in their woods or other rural property. There were 5 different places I recall where you could shoot a gun(many times) back then. One guy would have an all day shooting party on a Sat.Nobody b....ed. Not anymore! Land gets sold to city slickers who don't want to scare the horses. And one gun/hunting friendly farm is all cracker boxes now.:ranton:

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I'm with ya :)

We moved from a mobile home park in the city to a house in the country in December. We absolutely love it. It's so dark we can actually see the stars, we can go outside and shoot, and we just walk across the field to squirrel and deer hunt. Plus, when it's not hunting season, we found out we can still watch the deer by throwing out a salt block and a feeder in the back yard :)
    18_0012.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Amen! Nothing like sitting outside and hearing NOTHING manmade. I moved out here from the middle of Jasper, and the first thing I noticed was that. No noise. Took a few days to get used to it, now I wouldn't have it any other way.
    As far as shooting, I've got some piled up logs and dirt, about 6 ft. high that I shoot into.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I get tickled at that. I'm about 1/4 mile off of SR 32, and all I hear lots of times is the tires on asphalt, till I get into the back yard. A buddy who lives in town in Oklahoma stayed in my guest room and woke up AMAZED at the lack of noise! I guess it's all relative. To be fair, though, it is pretty quiet at night, especially at the back of the house. All you do hear is a lonely freight train about a mile to the north. If that. Lots of coyotes, the occasional cow lowing, wind in the trees, stuff like that.

Top Bottom