• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Based on Metro40's G22, I sent my G19 slide off to Cory on Tuesday.

I picked it back up today (Thursday).

As always, Cory's work is amazing. The gray color is actually darker than the pictures show, and it gives it a great contrast without being too bold.

I immediately took it out to lovemywood's range and put 50 rounds thru it, just to make sure it would still run. Of course, it did.

And the finished product:

2j2b0k8.jpg

2en18iv.jpg

2emzxtw.jpg

1zbb882.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    That is Norrell's moly resin which is a bake on product. DuraCoat is an epoxy based paint which is very durable but not as tough as the Norrell's.
    I'm still debating on if I want you to stipple and shave my finger grooves. I can't decide of I will like it or not, without feeling one first.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    I'm thinking of taking sandpaper to one of my shottys or AR just to have some work done by Cory. lol

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Do you strip the tennifer from the slide first?

I've found Duracoat to be very nice once you get the hang of mixing it right (to keep it hard enough without glossiness) but I've never been able to get MR to apply nicely.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do you strip the tennifer from the slide first?

I've found Duracoat to be very nice once you get the hang of mixing it right (to keep it hard enough without glossiness) but I've never been able to get MR to apply nicely.

I blast the phosphate (or whatever it is) off but the tennifer is impregnated into the steel and remains in place.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I'm not a Glock fan.... But I am glad you acknowledge they need improvement. It looks good for a Glock.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I'm not a Glock fan.... But I am glad you acknowledge they need improvement. It looks good for a Glock.

And we continue the long INGO tradition of not being able to have a thread about a Glock without some jackleg with an inferiority complex posting something negative and completely irrelevant about them.

Thanks for the helpful comment. :rolleyes:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    And we continue the long INGO tradition of not being able to have a thread about a Glock without some jackleg with an inferiority complex posting something negative and completely irrelevant about them.

Thanks for the helpful comment. :rolleyes:

Free speech! No inferiority complex here man I carry a CZ.... your a cry-baby. Thanks for the Neg-Rep. I need that from time to time it really puts me in my place...lmao. :laugh:

And I really like the work Nash does. I plan on having my XD done... I think it would look awesome with that kind of stippling. And maybe a metallic blue dura-coat. Just sounds sweet to me.

Any one that can make me like they way a glock looks has to be an artist. And thats a good looking glock.:cheers:

There are many types of guns in the world. You cant like them all.... If your offended by my dislike of glocks then maybe you need mental help. Just a suggestion :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom