Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's killed approx 150K Americans in a few months. It's caused some chronic disease and other damage (I don't know if those are significant numbers or not). I would say some have become numb to that.
    It did. I don’t think those numbers are insignificant. That happened in some locations and not all. But because NY and many other population centers in the US the news was primarily that. It felt like hopelessness and especially fear of hopelessness to a lot of people in quantities disproportional to the actual risk for them. Maybe now people have become numb to how bad it was for some cities, but also I think people believed it was worse than it actually was. I think the same may be true still, while also, there seems to be many people who think it was never bad.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of significant numbers, I hadn't checked European countries in awhile. Totally unaware that Belgium is topping the 850 deaths per million, with more than 10% (reported) mortality rate.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-d...cases-in-belgium-double-in-a-month/a-54405473

Coronavirus patients in intensive care units have doubled within a month in Belgium, the country's health officials warned Monday, adding that younger people account for the bulk of new infections.

There's only about 11 million citizens.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Screen-Shot-2020-08-05-at-12.21.41-PM.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is why the best greeting is to embrace and kiss in the buccal area. Return to the first a second time for a bonus. Handshakes just don't really get it done.

We can take it farther, if you wish. Studies have found that Couples that sleep nude together are mentally closer as well and more sympatico with each other. It is believed to be from the electric exchange in the night while sleeping.

The wearing of shoes all the time has eliminated our electrical connection to the earth itself. They were selling grounding mats for big money to the executive class to put under their desk top simulate the earth grounding. Everything on earth has an electric charge...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is why the best greeting is to embrace and kiss in the buccal area. Return to the first a second time for a bonus. Handshakes just don't really get it done.

Hey, the one benefit of this whole **** show is getting my personal space back. If you're not a hot chick and try kissing my buccal area you'll be picking your ass off the ground.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I was expecting some road closures or checkpoints in the spring. I wouldn't be surprised if we still see it in certain cases (like 1 state with the outbreak under control getting frustrated with a neighbor with higher transmission). I don't know how I would feel about that, or exactly what rights a state has to control incomers vs violating rights of interstate travel.

The power outages are concerning and you know sooner or later it's going to affect someone with a medical need.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I was expecting some road closures or checkpoints in the spring. I wouldn't be surprised if we still see it in certain cases (like 1 state with the outbreak under control getting frustrated with a neighbor with higher transmission). I don't know how I would feel about that, or exactly what rights a state has to control incomers vs violating rights of interstate travel.

The power outages are concerning and you know sooner or later it's going to affect someone with a medical need.

They'll blame Trump for making them do it

Edit: Speaking to the travel restrictions, I find it hypocritical that a few months ago Cuomo was threatening to sue Connecticut and Rhode Island for seeking to restrict access to their states for people from New York, and now he has quarantine restrictions on travel to NY from over 30 states

He has a currently low infection rate, but his CFR is still >2x the national rate due to all the death he caused early in the pandemic. NY >7% and Jersey >8%

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Just throwing out that a coworker of mine got a letter from the place he does dialysis saying he could travel during a shut down. They told him within the month things will be shuttered once more. Take it for what it’s worth.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

He has a currently low infection rate, but his CFR is still >2x the national rate due to all the death he caused early in the pandemic. NY >7% and Jersey >8%

Without a causal study it's just correlation.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Well, it's taken much longer than I expected, but I now can say that I actually know someone with the 'Rona.

She's a good friend and has been our family's vet for years. Unfortunately, she has some health issues that have the potential to make this very serious for her.

Because of her issues and her medical training, she had taken every precaution to avoid this, short of locking herself in the basement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom