• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    No but 75% certain that trump orders it for the nation which weekend.
    I guessed 2 weeks before a lock down here in this thread I think 6 days ago. I will stick to it(national).
    I think that is probably a long shot now though. Probably sooner.
    I had thought a declared strafford act emergency was 7 days away...it took 4.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    All of California just shut down. No one to leave their homes accept for food or medical emergencies.
    Gas stations,medical,utilities,and food allowed to stay open everything else closed.For 8 weeks. Ordered by the Governor.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/mar/19/coronavirus-live-updates/

The last bit of this article i find disturbing.https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/world/coronavirus-update-cases.html

Trump administration’s plea to states: Keep mum about unemployment stats.

The Trump administration is asking state labor officials to delay releasing the precise number of unemployment claims they are fielding, an indication of how uneasy policymakers are about further roiling a stock market already plunging in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The Resistance is starting, I know if a couple of modern day speak easy’s that are starting now. Now I just need someone to start air dropping Liberator pistols to me.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Here we go in California… Can you imagine those who did no preps?

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]California Gov. Gavin Newsom announces statewide 'stay at home' order[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-gov-gavin-newsom-announces-statewide-stay-at-home-order[/FONT][/FONT]

What were once the most free states are now the most fascistic, as the politicians who “know better” use the power of government to force “better choices” on us unwashed plebians.

When things are good, it’s limits on plastic bags and large sodas. In an emergency, no restriction is off the table.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The idiocy of closing a global economy for the flu.

It will be ok Vigilant. One day you will understand why all of this happened. I understand you are not ready to accept it right now.

Normalcy bias is tough.

Changing your world view is tough. Accepting something as truth you can not yet see is even tougher.
    I would like to help change your mind about all of this. Is there anything you would like to know from a study of covid-19 you would like to see that would personally help you understand this,and why it is happening?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The idiocy of closing a global economy for the flu.

Oh no you don't! I've already been through the 30% off sale to my retirement and investments and this point I wouldn't even care about another 30% because it's become trivial watching the numbers turn red. But don't you dare take away the most expensive 2 week vacation I'm ever going to have! Not after I've already paid!

Now... If this resistance is building a time machine to make that all unwind, then I'm back in.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It will be ok Vigilant. One day you will understand why all of this happened. I understand you are not ready to accept it right now.

Normalcy bias is tough.

Changing your world view is tough. Accepting something as truth you can not yet see is even tougher.
    I would like to help change your mind about all of this. Is there anything you would like to know from a study of covid-19 you would like to see that would personally help you understand this,and why it is happening?
    Sure it will be ok, some will die, some will live. Let it run, just enough with halting life.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I think that trigger level has fallen to $5000 where cash is concerned

My identity was stolen by some people that used it for filing fraudulent tax returns. They opened an account in Pittsburgh in my name and were withdrawing $5000 a day out of it. I had two IRS agents come to my house in Minnesota and ask me why I was taking out $5000 a day from my account. So I know they are watching and see things like that. They were nice about it and I just had to explain the situation to them.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh no you don't! I've already been through the 30% off sale to my retirement and investments and this point I wouldn't even care about another 30% because it's become trivial watching the numbers turn red. But don't you dare take away the most expensive 2 week vacation I'm ever going to have! Not after I've already paid!

Now... If this resistance is building a time machine to make that all unwind, then I'm back in.
    Sorry I harshed your mellow dude.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Normalcy bias is tough.

But, you seem the opposite extreme, almost feeling satisfaction when posting news that validates your predictions, while dismissing anything that gives others hope.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    But, you seem the opposite extreme, almost feeling satisfaction when posting news that validates your predictions, while dismissing anything that gives others hope.
    Not true. When I find hope I post it.
    Just happens my latest hope was false,and I found out it was false and posted that as well.
    It is not satisfaction that it is true in any way. I do however find it satisfying when a medical person thanks me because they ordered mask before they became unavailable for an entire facility because of my posts.
    That is what makes my contribution worth it. Knowing it actually has helped someone. Not that this is happening as I thought it would.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom