Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    These checkpoints at state borders and National Guard going door-to-door to root out "illegals" from New York are things that I never thought I'd see in this country.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I made a thing to intubate people through. need a mandrel for my hole saw though. first time I bent acrylic, went well.

[video=youtube;J0Y9wzCZ54c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Y9wzCZ54c[/video]

The carpenter made a couple of these last week, if you need a hand fine tuning yours or suggestions for him improving his get with me Monday.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    And yet Subaru in Lafayette is non union. They make almost the same pay as union shops. Subaru is paying their worthless NON UNION employees 100% to stay at home. Union shops are not getting 100% to stay at home.

union YES!!!!!! Oh wait what????

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    The reason they get the pay is because the unions exist. I have enough veiwpoints on unions to tick everyone off. I see management's side while seeing the worker's side. I see the coruption from top to bottom, inside and out. I have Archie and the Meathead's opinions mixed in my mind.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And yet Subaru in Lafayette is non union. They make almost the same pay as union shops. Subaru is paying their worthless NON UNION employees 100% to stay at home. Union shops are not getting 100% to stay at home.

And did you ever wonder just why Subaru would be so magnanamoius? It sure isn't out of the goodness of their heart. It is to keep all the other BS Union crap out of their factories.

Things like:

union imposed max production quotas.

only an electrician can plug something in.

Lilly was reasonably clear they wanted happy employees so as not to need to deal with unions.

Unions were a great institution that we all owe a debt of gratitude to for the fight they waged that had a lasting impact on pay and safety. We take all that for granted but unions fought and achieved much of the safety we enjoy today. Sadly this is no longer their moment. They won pay and safety that the founders would have thought unimaginable but once achieved continued the fight for less noble reasons that now hurt the country and American business.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    How come New York doesn't have more survivors?
    (Survivors is my word - they use other words such as "recovered" for New York and "no longer need isolation" in Minnesota)

New York
    Actives 29,766
    Survived 1
    Deaths 192

Minnesota
    Active 441
    Survived 220
    Deaths 5

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    And did you ever wonder just why Subaru would be so magnanamoius? It sure isn't out of the goodness of their heart. It is to keep all the other BS Union crap out of their factories.

Things like:

union imposed max production quotas.

only an electrician can plug something in.

Lilly was reasonably clear they wanted happy employees so as not to need to deal with unions.

Unions were a great institution that we all owe a debt of gratitude to for the fight they waged that had a lasting impact on pay and safety. We take all that for granted but unions fought and achieved much of the safety we enjoy today. Sadly this is no longer their moment. They won pay and safety that the founders would have thought unimaginable but once achieved continued the fight for less noble reasons that now hurt the country and American business.

Oh I love the unions. those guys spend stupid money on trucks and toys that keep me in a job. but also theyre about the biggest double edged sword Ive ever seen.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

A bunch of you guys here like posting about greed and gouging, this is what real greed and gouging looks like!

The cliff notes version is big company that sells $10,000 vents buys up company with contract to produce $3000 portable vents and never builds a single one, getting out of the contract but delaying the $3000 vents by about 5 years. Now we need them but they are about a year or so out.

That is greed and gouging...

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    The line worker was used by the skilled trades since the beginning of auto workers unions and has been abused by them in shops I have been in. Often I found management to be more honest in their treatment of people when looking at the parameters that they work within than the union leadership was. Like I said I have seen too much from second tier worker, to person out side the fence trying to cross a union picket line when I was non union just trying to make a delivery so I could go home while driving for a company that made everyone management to avoid being union and being sued for it, to union worker getting messed over by the union so a brother could collect some graft, to presenting incident reports to international CEOs that resulted in plant managers being fired when they were covering up facts. I have worn all the hats while trying to do the right thing and not breaking the rules on all the sides. There are sad sacks in all walks of life. We can only insure our sack is happy. You know, be excellent to each other. :ranton:

With all that has transpired in the past 3 months I still see people in all walks (including doctors) that don't take infection seriously, and I see those that get it. If your gun is empty, I'll give you a bullet. I've met those that wouldn't toss a magazine to someone on their own squad. I guess I'm saying that it doesn't matter how much you do or don't know if you don't treat everyone with dignity. I need to get a bicycle and get out of this office. Be carefull out there brothers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow, she deserved to get her ass, and her $200K-plus a year salary, canned!

Does this surprise you?
    This is the liberal way of thinking.
    If they were told if they infect a loved one with the c-virus and trump will loss the election they would NOT think twice and infect that loved one.

They are fanatics for the cause. Think of the japanese kamikaze pilot. Same concept with the liberals.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    How come New York doesn't have more survivors?
    (Survivors is my word - they use other words such as "recovered" for New York and "no longer need isolation" in Minnesota)

New York
    Actives 29,766
    Survived 1
    Deaths 192

Minnesota
    Active 441
    Survived 220
    Deaths 5

They obviously use different definitions which affect how people are counted.

Remember that everything around the Wuhan coronavirus is time-based. It takes time from first exposure/infection to visible symptoms (2-14 days). That is why after a lockdown starts, the number of cases can continue to go up for a while as additional infected people start to show visible symptoms. If the lockdown is effective, new cases should start to decline after two weeks.

People who get more severe cases (and are more likely to be reflected in the positively identified cases) take time to either recover or die. Severe cases can end up on ventilation for multiple weeks, so you can't judge survival until weeks have passed. Deaths will likely be faster as they don't end up going through the full recovery cycle. So, bottom line, only one person has been declared fully recovered in NY and 192 have died. The other 29,000+ are in various stages of treatment/recovery.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    When we read about the tens of thousands of Covid-19 patients in NY and elsewhere, are they ALL hospitalized, or does that number include people riding it out at home with less severe or even mild symptoms?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They obviously use different definitions which affect how people are counted.

Remember that everything around the Wuhan coronavirus is time-based. It takes time from first exposure/infection to visible symptoms (2-14 days). That is why after a lockdown starts, the number of cases can continue to go up for a while as additional infected people start to show visible symptoms. If the lockdown is effective, new cases should start to decline after two weeks.

People who get more severe cases (and are more likely to be reflected in the positively identified cases) take time to either recover or die. Severe cases can end up on ventilation for multiple weeks, so you can't judge survival until weeks have passed. Deaths will likely be faster as they don't end up going through the full recovery cycle. So, bottom line, only one person has been declared fully recovered in NY and 192 have died. The other 29,000+ are in various stages of treatment/recovery.

Yes, yes, all that is obvious. Minnesota had its first case on March 6, New York had its first case on March 1. So the outbreak has been going longer in New York.
    New York has 67 times as many cases.
    New York has 38 times as many deaths.
    New York has 0.0045 times as many survivors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom