IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    In more upbeat news, you can get a great deal on a new Jeep. :):

scumbags.jpg

I've gotten some :poop: like that. I make a mental note of who it is because they'll never get a dime of my business playing this game.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    there are so many levels of people sitting around capturing data to report to .gov about our compliance to "core measures". we have a ton of people employed by the hospital to KEEP PEOPLE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL. how stupid is that? it's like a restaurant paying employees to reduce customer count. sure, there's the "greater good" argument, but why should that be at the hospital's expense?

number of physicians at my hospital not up much in 10 years. but sooo many layers of admin to collect and report data. absurd. and all of that is to try to avoid being penalized by the government on payments. would be amazing if we actually got that staff for clinical duties... how amazing would that be

Welcome to socialized medicine. Patients are being refused appointments, elective surgeries are indefinitely postponed, we have insurance but no where to use it....sounds like socialized medicine; controlled by the government. Administration top heavy to provide and manage people away from the system, provide data to government and who knows what else.

Received a letter from a provider that explains that if we need an appointment the options will be virtual or telephone and if by chance we need to see our doctor, chances are you will see a different health care provider.

If this is not the first stages to a national health care program (socialized medicine), I don't know what is. When people cannot see a doctor, in the great USA - when they want to see one, it's stinks. People from other countries used to come here to get elective procedures done; now we cannot - even if we have insurance.

Something is not right. Hospitals are sending employees home because of no business because they are turning away business; yet top heavy admins are working AND you have incompetent medical staff getting crash courses in critical care management.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So a third of them died within a period of a couple of weeks. The probability of that happening without a cause (e.g. COVID-19) is highly unlikely.

I think we're really splitting hairs by trying to prove it's not caused by COVID-19.

It depends on the nursing home, and the type of residents; but in general, I agree with you. Is it splitting hairs? Maybe so in this case; but I see the same correlation-causation assertion being made in many other cases, at least anecdotally.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Camping Josh, did you catch up to this one yet?

His argument would carry a lot more weight if any scientists were calling this disease by a geographical name. They aren't. They are calling the disease Covid-19 (or COVID-19; I see both styles regularly), and the virus itself is called SARS-CoV-2.

It would be "way stupider" to call it the Milan Virus because it didn't come from Milan? He uses that line just moments after referencing the Spanish Flu, which originated in Kansas. His fact checkers must be part of the 16 million newly unemployed.

I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)

I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    His argument would carry a lot more weight if any scientists were calling this disease by a geographical name. They aren't. They are calling the disease Covid-19 (or COVID-19; I see both styles regularly), and the virus itself is called SARS-CoV-2.

It would be "way stupider" to call it the Milan Virus because it didn't come from Milan? He uses that line just moments after referencing the Spanish Flu, which originated in Kansas. His fact checkers must be part of the 16 million newly unemployed.

I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)

I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

It would be better to call it the wu-flu for countless obvious reasons. :)

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I agree that MERS and Lyme Disease and the others are fine because racist people didn't use those as an excuse to be discriminatory, which we are seeing during the current outbreak. (I know; it's all fake news, and Jussie Smollett is not just the norm but the only possible reality. :rolleyes:)...

What are the names of these objectively-proven-to-be -racist persons? Like many assertions of racism, this doesn't come with any names. It's like nailing jello to a wall. It doesn't mean it's false. But it certainly doesn't meet any kind of "bar" for proving the assertions, either. It seems to be more "tilting at windmills" than anything.

...I still haven't seen anyone give a reason why it would be better
    to call this "the Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus" than the name that is in common use by both the scientific community and journalists.

It doesn't have to be "better." It just has to be valid. There can be valid constructions, which are not necessarily in widespread use by "experts." Nobody is alleging they don't understand what people are talking about when they say "wu-flu," so the basic requirement of accurate communication is fulfilled.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Nobody is making that claim (that I've seen). What people are saying is that if someone does refer to it as "The Wuhan virus" or "the Chinese virus", it shouldn't be cause for SJW outrage, and it's not being racist to do so. It was called that early on because that's where it originated. And in layman's terms, that's fine. If you get the plain old seasonal flu, do you say, "I have the flu." Or do you say, "I have 'influenza type B' (or whatever the longer scientific term is for that particular strain that you have)"? I'd bet dollars to donuts that you just say, "I have the flu."

What he is criticizing is how ridiculous it is that people are more concerned about being politically correct than they are about the virus itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom