• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So you are still open for business but no one is showing up?

Wouldn't that mean the government order is adversely affecting you and give you grounds for legal action?
    Yep that’s what it means, so, put your money where your mouth is, loan me legal fees, I’ll sue, if I recover you’ll get paid back with interest out of the proceeds. Note, this may take a few years, so only loan what you don’t need for some time.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Man, you can tell people are home and bored. Step away for 3 hours to go to the range and there are another 3 pages added to the thread. There's no way to keep up with this level of banter and still hold down a job.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I might be naive but I’m hoping Trump is getting close to kicking Dr. “Papers Please!” And the scarf queen back to the lab and start telling the governors to let ‘Er rip.

I don't think we'll be letting 'er rip for quite a while yet.

Hang in there, though. We're all in this together.

:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On occasion, during the day or late at night, I think of how reality took a jog step in March 2020. There is no going back to normal from this point on. Behavior will change. There are a few obvious big things, like crowded arenas and stadiums, or the end of the densely packed jumbo jet. And then there are the little changes. Shaking hands, accepting cash in lieu of a swept iPhone app or plastic.

The change list is large. And those are only the first-order effects. Who knows where the iterations can possibly end?

All this is to say, I don't think we will see an organized conspiracy of the left. Media-intensified fear is already gurgling in the bowels of those who have previously only known safety. Post-2020 civilization became less free last month. There is no unwinding that watch.
    So that's what it is? I thought it was just too much coffee before eating some solid food in the morning. ;)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    t0lLuqb.jpg

Oh Nasty!

My marks don't show anymore.
    I got smart years ago and started buying "Skidmark Brown" Army Undies. Best thing I ever did since divorcing satan's spawn.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yep that’s what it means, so, put your money where your mouth is, loan me legal fees, I’ll sue, if I recover you’ll get paid back with interest out of the proceeds. Note, this may take a few years, so only loan what you don’t need for some time.

Nah, I don't know you.

You don't have anything you can sell?

What's that old saying? America! Love it or Leave it! LOL

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Crunched the available numbers so far. In Indiana you have a 99.9989% chance of not contracting the virus.

Is that % Chance pre restrictions or post, there would and will be a significant difference. Even a unplugged non working clock is right twice a day, Murphy's law dictates anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Ive yet to be cooped up, but they shouldn’t have closed down the liquor stores! Hand sanitizer tastes yucky! I refuse to wait at the curb, I want to pick my Bourbon from a selection.

Wait a sec, you are free to buy from the curbside, that's not closed, and if you have no idea on what your choice of Bourbon is before you get there, maybe you shouldn't be drinking. LOL

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wait a sec, you are free to buy from the curbside, that's not closed, and if you have no idea on what your choice of Bourbon is before you get there, maybe you shouldn't be drinking. LOL
    I KNOW what I usually drink, but there are MANY different and NEW out there that you can’t shop from the curb, it’s ****ing ridiculous and blown WAY out of proportion.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump says less than 100000 deaths.

So lets take the top, 100,000.

Now lets take amount of the grants given out by the government and divide it by 100,000. That will tell you how much taxpayer money a life is worth. That should answer a lot of peoples questions then we can discuss if it aligns with our preconceptions.

Faulty thought process, those people will be dead. You should be looking at the number who didn't die because of the spool down of the economy

If an earlier prediction was accurate at 240000 dead, and you drop it to 100000, then you would be dividing government expenditures by 140000 to derive the taxpayer expenditure per citizen saved. Hard numbers for who might have died but didn't are likely to be hard to come by

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agree. Is the "high risk" population to isolate forever?

It always appeared a bit idiotic to me to test only those with severe symptoms. Chances are, the dude has it. What we don't know is what the population as a whole looks like. Random sampling is the only way that accurate results will be known...and those results have value only over the short term. Ongoing random samples should be conducted until the disease is brought under control.

I could be wrong.

I believe random sampling is being done in Cleveland and in Boston for sure already and perhaps in more places I haven't heard about

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom