cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Back to the old lab theory again.
    Which was the original story to come out of China early on that the lab techs sold the infested monkeys TO the meat market FROM the lab that works on that particular virus.

My money is on this story. But bats, not monkeys.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Friend from Avon with Pooh's Breath V/D has been released from IU West today after spending 7 days in there and a week prior at home with it. He stayed off the vent. Supposed to have another 3 days on quarantine. His wife who also got it is still doing well at home. Ages approximately 72 years.

Really good news!!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Gotta go with The Dark Knight there... I was very team Bane until about 70% of the way through the movie. He had some pretty persuasive arguments about Gotham.
    Ya I liked Bane also, but something about Heath Ledgers character just kept me wanting to see more of it. Sucks he’ll never be able to do a sequel

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Random thought. So Trump/officials are giving a potential death toll/affected rate. People are going nuts and saying "don't go out" or other things based on a computer model/official talking. Meanwhile the same people will make fun of weather forecasters/meteorologists who use computer models to predict the weather. How many times have the weather people said we might get 7-10" and we get less or more? A lot. Just a random thought. Probably the same people who are anti vaxers are now saying why can't they create a vaccine quickly? I'm not saying to not take this seriously, just saying a number is only a fear factor at this point.

Random rumbling done.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I shared it back onto his twitter post.

He linked what looked like a credible source, but I didn't go through almost 300 pages of it to see where his data came from. Since it appears everything was wrong, maybe those were approvals? I'd be terrified to know, for reasons on both sides, that 1.4 million people tried and failed if that's the case though.

Also of note, the only reason I noticed a smell from that was because I looked up the NICS report last week and was shocked to see that Trump is a much, much, better gun salesman than Obama ever was. NICS checks have been through the roof the entire time he's been in office.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That link is wrong... There were 3.7 million in March, which is quite a big difference. Several months have exceeded 2.3 million checks.

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

:wow:

There's gonna be blood in the streets.:runaway:

Friend from Avon with Pooh's Breath V/D has been released from IU West today after spending 7 days in there and a week prior at home with it. He stayed off the vent. Supposed to have another 3 days on quarantine. His wife who also got it is still doing well at home. Ages approximately 72 years.
    That is so good to hear.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Ya I liked Bane also, but something about Heath Ledgers character just kept me wanting to see more of it. Sucks he’ll never be able to do a sequel

I'm not actually talking about the performances (though your point there stands), I'm saying I was on Bane's side for almost all of that movie. Gotham is a corrupt s*** hole, burn it down, and return it to the people.

Bane 2020!

Then there were kangaroo courts (even worse than reality), and then he tried to kill everybody, so... I had to withdraw my support of his platform. It was a close race for awhile though.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The politicians are doing this all wrong. Telling people “this isn’t a suggestion, it’s an order” is daring people to ignore it. Hogsett came across like he was a disappointed dad. These “orders” are unenforceable, so stop acting like tough guys. Maybe try a different approach. The reason “Click it or Ticket” was successful is that it gave people a choice. There has to be a psychologically effective way to convince people to take this seriously and follow guidelines without the finger wagging.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    On Tuesday night FOX News host Tucker Carlson reopened the case using information from a CHINESE study on the origin of the novel coronavirus.

The coronavirus came from either the Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Prevention or Wuhan Institute of Virology in Wuhan, China.

The study concluded the deadly virus came out of local laboratories in Hubei Province. The smoking gun in the study is the link to horseshoe bats which are not sold in local markets and not native to Wuhan. In fact the closest colony is 900 kilometers away. There is no evidence horseshoe bats were sold in the Wuhan wet markets. The local labs used this bat specimen and the virus came from a lab in Wuhan.

My common sense meter always said this was the most likely source and it seems some research agrees with me...

https://youtu.be/bpQFCcSI0pU

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Random thought. So Trump/officials are giving a potential death toll/affected rate. People are going nuts and saying "don't go out" or other things based on a computer model/official talking. Meanwhile the same people will make fun of weather forecasters/meteorologists who use computer models to predict the weather. How many times have the weather people said we might get 7-10" and we get less or more? A lot. Just a random thought. Probably the same people who are anti vaxers are now saying why can't they create a vaccine quickly? I'm not saying to not take this seriously, just saying a number is only a fear factor at this point.

Random rumbling done.

It's all related to that common genetic brain disorder called Democrapyolightice.
    It's been running out of control for way to long now and is the main reason this country is so divided. There's no known cure other than sterilizing the patients so the trait can just die out....... or a frontal lobotomy. :n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The politicians are doing this all wrong. Telling people “this isn’t a suggestion, it’s an order” is daring people to ignore it. Hogsett came across like he was a disappointed dad. These “orders” are unenforceable, so stop acting like tough guys. Maybe try a different approach. The reason “Click it or Ticket” was successful is that it gave people a choice. There has to be a psychologically effective way to convince people to take this seriously and follow guidelines without the finger wagging.

Sometimes, you just have to let people bear the weight of their own decisions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sure, there’s almost always a way to spin something in any direction one might desire, I suppose. But relatively speaking, it’s a pretty impressive jump. We have a fair number of anecdotal stories from gun shops where they indicate a good number of those customers were new gun owners.

I say welcome to the party!
    Problem is, how many later will be put on TV so they can say, I'm a gun owner but I'm okay with common sense...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He linked what looked like a credible source, but I didn't go through almost 300 pages of it to see where his data came from. Since it appears everything was wrong, maybe those were approvals? I'd be terrified to know, for reasons on both sides, that 1.4 million people tried and failed if that's the case though.

Also of note, the only reason I noticed a smell from that was because I looked up the NICS report last week and was shocked to see that Trump is a much, much, better gun salesman than Obama ever was. NICS checks have been through the roof the entire time he's been in office.

This link has both numbers in it—checks and sales. It also gives a brief explanation of the difference.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/1/gun-sales-85-march-amid-coronavirus-fears/

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Problem is, how many later will be put on TV so they can say, I'm a gun owner but I'm okay with common sense...

Always a possibility, no doubt. How many “life long gun owners and 2A supporters” have stabbed us in the back too? Sometimes, the most recent converts (if any of them truly are, granted) are the most radical. Let’s hope a sizable percentage turn out that way.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This link has both numbers in it—checks and sales. It also gives a brief explanation of the difference.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/1/gun-sales-85-march-amid-coronavirus-fears/

All I saw was this:

SAAF uses the FBI records for its projections but adjusts them because not all background checks equate to purchases.

So they are saying that they expect 1/3 of the checks resulted in a no-go? As I said previously, that's alarming for a good few reasons.

They said the same thing for last month too, but by about 1/2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom