Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read someone else say that Covid-19 was "an apocalypse" and would "decimate" the American people.

Come on! Those don't overlap.

Well. In Italy it DID decimate. Technically.

Seriously, I'd be very reluctant to call it an apocalypse. That means total, final destruction. Even if the worse case happens, it's not "an apocalypse". Probably the most descriptive adjective to describe our situation is pandemic.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Depends on which WWZ zombies: book or movie. The book zombies were very slow and able to be single-shot from a colonial-style firing line. The movie zombies were more reminiscent of the 28 days/weeks universe, where they were very fast.

Personally, when this thing mutates and we start getting them, I’m hoping for the slow version.

Also, don’t forget the rules:

[video=youtube_share;0Si9UydQzoc]https://youtu.be/0Si9UydQzoc[/video]
    Indiucky turned me onto this movie:
    [video=youtube;XlKnp52moe4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlKnp52moe4[/video]

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Well. In Italy it DID decimate. Technically.

The percentage of the Italian population that has been infected (as of 8:00 PM last night) is .1687%, so nowhere near being decimated - technically, and .0192% of the population has died from the Chinese flu. When they get up to about 6 MILLION cases, they will be decimated.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's no anti-vaxxers in foxholes? :dunno:

Wanna bet?

My wife just blocked one of her facebook friends....the homeschooling mom circle is wide, but includes some, kindly, fringe types. This is what she had been ranting about:

COVID-19 is a lab created virus (us, not them) introduced in China, but with the intent to spread it across the world so that people will be clamoring for vaccinations...at the darkest hour, a vaccination will be announced (already created) which will contain nanoparticles which will allow everyone to be tracked...using 5g.

Not kidding.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Another quick observation about the numbers that may be a good sign. The total deaths number has now extended to about 4 days for doubling. It had gotten as low as about 2.5, and had run about 3 days for most of this time. It would be a positive development if it grows to 4.

That's still "exponential" but slowing down.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wanna bet?

My wife just blocked one of her facebook friends....the homeschooling mom circle is wide, but includes some, kindly, fringe types. This is what she had been ranting about:

COVID-19 is a lab created virus (us, not them) introduced in China, but with the intent to spread it across the world so that people will be clamoring for vaccinations...at the darkest hour, a vaccination will be announced (already created) which will contain nanoparticles which will allow everyone to be tracked...using 5g.

Not kidding.

:facepalm: w o w

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Wanna bet?

Not kidding.

Wow, just wow.... Not only to believe something like this, but to assert strongly as true.

I did notice how all many of the tinfoil hat thought memes were integrated into one short post.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Very good video interview with a doctor in NYC that has treated/cured ~700 patients with a 100% success rate using a $20 hydroxychloroquine/zinc/z-pak cocktail. The full video is 33 minutes, but the core is a 15:30 minute interview starting at 3:28 min.

[video=youtube;pPflhrcGASQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPflhrcGASQ[/video]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wow, just wow.... Not only to believe something like this, but to assert strongly as true.

I did notice how all many of the tinfoil hat thought memes were integrated into one short post.

i wish I could say I was making this up for comedic effect, but this was laid out over several posts and made my wife quite angry that this woman was trying to fear monger.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Not kidding.

Come on. A kooky, homeschool mom spreading conspiracy theories? Say it ain't so.:laugh:

I thought only my technically inclined in-gin-eer type friends were down for that crap...

So... J&J have a new vaccine.
    Alex Gorsky CEO said the break through was a "moon shot" advancement to end this plague.
    And full production will immediately start "even before trials".

In full production without even having successful trials - REALLY!?!
    Anyone here run a 10,000off high volume production job without a first off? Without checks? Surely we all do?

This is what happens when this whole sorry mess was planned...of course it is J&J to the rescue. It is in *their* plan.

In the Event 201 roll out video that was last September - laying out everything that would happen in the event of a virus - step_by_step - EXACTLY as has unfolded... the J&J VP was there Biography of Adrian Thomas | Participant for Event 201

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1941&v=Vm1-DnxRiPM&feature=emb_logo
    Roll forwards to 31.55 - "it requires flexibility on the regulatory side" blah blah blah.
    I'm 100% that the new rushed-through 235 page UK law changes that happened last week also had a law passed that allowed vaccines to be used without clinical trials - in "special circumstances".

It all F***IN stinks.

:tinfoil:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very good video interview with a doctor in NYC that has treated/cured ~700 patients with a 100% success rate using a $20 hydroxychloroquine/zinc/z-pak cocktail. The full video is 33 minutes, but the core is a 15:30 minute interview starting at 3:28 min.

Thanks for posting.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    i wish I could say I was making this up for comedic effect, but this was laid out over several posts and made my wife quite angry that this woman was trying to fear monger.

Good fear mongering requires rumors of threats that are at least close to credible. Too much rolled into this one.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Wanna bet?

Not kidding.

Wow, that is very creative but I'm afraid that woman doesn't have enough syrup on her pancakes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I concur.

There's alot we don't know about the federal reaction to this, but all appearances are that people were doing their best. There's still opportunity to **** it up, but not much room for MMQBing right now.

I, for one, do not want a federal (or state) government so powerful and controlling to have the ability to respond more effectively to situations like this one. People conveniently fail to recognize/acknowledge that, in such a scenario, individual liberty would be essentially nonexistent, and exercise of individual liberty would be nothing more than a privilege granted at the whim of said, all-powerful government.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I, for one, do not want a federal (or state) government so powerful and controlling to have the ability to respond more effectively to situations like this one. People conveniently fail to recognize/acknowledge that, in such a scenario, individual liberty would be essentially nonexistent, and exercise of individual liberty would be nothing more than a privilege granted at the whim of said, all-powerful government.

I don't mind .gov being effective at dealing with something like this.

I also expect that kind of effectiveness to go back into hibernation when the emergency is over. :)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wanna bet?

Not kidding.

Can verify. We have been part of the homeschooling community for almost a decade. There are definitely some fringe elements. Lots and lots of good, salt-of-the-earth people. But it is a community that is attractive to exactly these kinds of fringes. (Speaking of which, the percentage of adults/children with gluten allergies in the homeschool community is somewhat astounding.)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I don't mind .gov being effective at dealing with something like this.

I also expect that kind of effectiveness to go back into hibernation when the emergency is over. :)

By effectiveness, I mean the ability to enforce/compel what would otherwise be restrictions on constitutionally protected rights, in order to prevent spread of a virus. I'm fine, marginally uncomfortable, with the current level of effectiveness.

(Arresting and jailing a pastor for holding church services, as happened in Tampa, is WAY over the line.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom