• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    :rolleyes:had posted about powerball and apparently issues w penetration from reply have put 120 dpx thru my ed brown feeds great is this a good round for self defense? man I dread spending the money to get to the recomennded 200 rounds

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you've feed 120 through it with no problem switch over to a FMJ to finish breaking it in.

Now as for penetration on the dpx powerball I can't speak for it, but I either have Federal HydraShoks or Corbon +P JHP's in all my carry and defense guns.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The DPX is a great round, nice, hot and opens at the drop of a hat. For "practice" or break in ammo as you speak of, try the Taurus "HexHead" ammo. It is the exact same bullet as the DPX (the Barnes all copper HP) so it will simulate the feeding of the DPX (though the DPX is hotter) and is $20 a box of 20 instead of $30-35. I have shot alot of it and it is great ammo, low flash, just not the +P violence the Corbon stuff can bring to bear. :)

If your gun can feed the Barnes HP, then it should be GTG with alot of other stuff. The hole is pretty big and I have set back a bunch of bullets before with it hitting the feedramp on other guns, my Officer's RIA has not had an issue with it though.

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    thanks,the pistol is well broken in,but I hear so many people say 200 rds of a particular round before you carry it I was woundering if I need to go 200 rds w the dpx,interesting enough I do carry the tarus in my lightwt commander I'll break out the calipers and ck for setback the dpx does have a crimp in the middle of the brass oal of tarus and dpx are the same thanks again:):

Top Bottom