• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    He certainly wasn't thinking of his own safety much. He could have easily gotten badly injured doing that. Glad he didn't.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Sometimes you've just gotta take the risk and go for it. Awesome takedown, right there! I particularly enjoyed the whining coming from the bottom of that pile. :lmfao:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Audio is on, camera man obviously identifies suspect.... and yet he doesn't even say a word, let alone yell "hey, he's getting away!"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I bet there were some burned-up elbows when that was finished, and that the suspect wasn't the only one. A handlebars to the ribs looked pretty likely! Upon a second look, handlebars to the "nards was likely too! Yow! There should be a bonus paycheck involved when that kind of dedication is documented.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Funny and all... But that is how you apprehend a suspect? No warnings or command to stop, just getting tackled and 12 knees in your back/head? Yes, I don't know the situation. They could have been positive it was him. Maybe that changes my view, maybe not. Use of force should always be last resort. The guy was on a bike in a neighborhood full of cops (while being videotaped) dont think he would have gotten far.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's exactly how you apprehend a fleeing suspect. The officer could have also hit him with a Taser so he would lose control and run into something or sprayed him with pepper spray to produce the same result. Typically fleeing suspects don't stop when asked. Sometimes using force is the only option. This result is easily avoided.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Funny and all... But that is how you apprehend a suspect? No warnings or command to stop, just getting tackled and 12 knees in your back/head? Yes, I don't know the situation. They could have been positive it was him. Maybe that changes my view, maybe not. Use of force should always be last resort. The guy was on a bike in a neighborhood full of cops (while being videotaped) dont think he would have gotten far.

That's because you have zero experience and are basing it on some fantasy in your head. Those of us who have actually chased people know how far and how fast they can move, in some neighborhoods how many people are willing to hide the guy who just burglarized their neighbor's house and will burglarize their house tomorrow, and how once someone is out of sight they are instantly more dangerous as they can be setting up an ambush.

Chasing someone is one of the most dangerous things a cop can do. It presents a huge risk of injury in both the chase, the takedown, and the fact that people who run almost always decide to fight at the end of the chase. They don't suddenly become compliant because you're faster than them.

Too little force up front will often require more force later. That's something that MMQ seldom understand. I don't have to use minimum force, and neither do you. We all have to use reasonable force. I've thumped the absolute crap out of a guy with my flashlight when he started reaching for a butcher knife while arguing with my partner. I could have used minimum force and told him to stop. Of course, then I'd probably have had to shoot him when he didn't. A higher level of force up front mitigated the use of even more force later.

Top Bottom