• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The last time I answered a question like this, it turned into a "gotcha" scenario. I ended up saying I would kill the off-duty cop who was in a gunfight with a police impersonator.

That's not what this is going to turn into, is it?

I'd most likely still try to help who I *thought* was the police officer, though.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Ask Dave Moore about citizen help as he lay in the yard dying. Homeowner standing there watching him though a window as he died...alone in the snow. It was a fellow officer blocks away that was the first to show up to help. I can count on my brothers/sisters when the SHTF and that is it. We welcome the outside help if given but we know it is not likely. Every day we have officers fighting with resisters and either the passerby's will only watch or root the suspect on. More people than want to admit actually like seeing us struggle.

That is messed up. But I have to say that is the difference between the type of people you guys have to deal with vs: the type we have where I work (as a general rule). A profound difference. It is a shame but just the way it is IMO.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    WOW! Based on some of these post's I have some new found confidence and respect in some INGO posters. Refreshing!!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WOW! Based on some of these post's I have some new found confidence and respect in some INGO posters. Refreshing!!
    Dude, you know I am always down for a good gunfight...

I will admit though, i am used to having just a tad bit more support. You know a little CAS, and Arty can go a looooooooooong way....

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Ask Dave Moore about citizen help as he lay in the yard dying. Homeowner standing there watching him though a window as he died...alone in the snow. It was a fellow officer blocks away that was the first to show up to help. I can count on my brothers/sisters when the SHTF and that is it. We welcome the outside help if given but we know it is not likely. Every day we have officers fighting with resisters and either the passerby's will only watch or root the suspect on. More people than want to admit actually like seeing us struggle.
    Then stop cultivating an "us v. them" mentality, because the people you are alienating are the people you want on your side. Stop f'ing with regular people who just want to live their lives with as little government intervention as possible. Just my opinion.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Dude, you know I am always down for a good gunfight...

I will admit though, i am used to having just a tad bit more support. You know a little CAS, and Arty can go a looooooooooong way....

Yes they do. I haven't had that kind of support since the early to mid 80's.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Then stop cultivating an "us v. them" mentality, because the people you are alienating are the people you want on your side. Stop f'ing with regular people who just want to live their lives with as little government intervention as possible. Just my opinion.

I gotta say that is a little bit out of line. You don't know the guy or how he does things. That just isn't right. FWIW ANY person that just looks out a window at any dying human is a worthless POS IMO.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would have to admit that is a little harsh...

Denny, from what I understand, works in one of the lesser parts of Indy....

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

I understand your feelings Denny, that was/is a **** poor excuse of a "human being" to watch a man die like that. Those that would cheer on the BG, ignorant trash at best!

We are not all like the examples you have been exposed too! I have stopped and helped/offered my help many times before when a lone officer was in need, have held pressure on wounds and directed traffic at accidents, even covered a car load of guys for a local town marshal before until his back up could arrive. In the early 90's while home on leave I suffered 3rd degree burns on my hands to my shoulder on my right arm and the right side of my face pulling a lady from a burning car at an accident on a county rd. There is more but I won't say more because the unbelievers will go flame on.

Don't loose your faith man! Still a few of us out here willing to step out of the comfort zone for total strangers also!

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    I gotta say that is a little bit out of line. You don't know the guy or how he does things. That just isn't right. FWIW ANY person that just looks out a window at any dying human is a worthless POS IMO.

This we agree on 100%! Don't pass out!LOL

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Here's a question to everyone who stated they would try to pull the perp off the officer or jump into a grapple instead of pulling their firearm. Assuming we are all always carrying our firearms, doesn't that place us in a situation where the BG could potentially take our sidearm? How concerned would you be that the perp would manage to take your sidearm from you, thus creating a Bad Guy With Gun, when previously he had only been armed with meat clubs? :dunno:

^^If the BG already has a slug in him, he's got some serious adrenalin going and I would want no piece of that action. The bystander gave fair warning to the BG to stop what he was doing, and I think he acted appropriately, IMO. I know I would do anything in my power to help in that situation, hoping I don't become target practice for any responding officers.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I gotta say that is a little bit out of line. You don't know the guy or how he does things.
    I disagree. Pretty strongly, as a matter of fact. And I am not speaking of one individual. If it was one individual there would be no problem.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Lying in a yard dying with no threat around is a completely different scenario. I will help anyone out in that situation.

Going back to the OT, I would probably do what pretty much every LEO tells me on here and that is be a "good witness." Why would I help a PO in distress when I shouldn't help a random citizen in distress?

911 is just right around the corner. I'll just wait for them if it isn't someone close to me being harmed. amirite?

Top Bottom