• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I am coonhunter. Can not say that I have got to hunt that much with the freezing temps. Treed plenty of coon though. I run dogs all year round, so missing a few weeks during the winter doesn't bother me all that much.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    me and my b/f coon hunt. we got alot right at the begining of the season, but nothing lately since it has been so cold.

2.jpg

this was in one night
    1.jpg

tom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    nice pics looks like you were in them thick. how many drops did u make? that looks like a fun jeep by the way.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Using dogs to coon hunt in IN legal? A guy from work said (years ago) that it's not. He wrong about that?

Grew up in NC, so I've been a 'few' times myself.

If ya wanna hear some quality 'old school' Southern hunter humor, look up "Jerry Clower".

My dad got a Mountain Cur from Kentucky. That dog was an INCREDIBLE hunter!

Yours looks like a smart one! ' )

maarlborogto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    thats funny i was just squirrel hunting in my father in laws property tody and i counted 12 coons walking single file right past me today man i wish they were in season it would have been so easy to bag them

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    I got out of coonhunting during college but decided to get back into this summer so I picked a 7 month old Stephens Cur back in September. She really turned on to squirrels mid-October then next thing you know I got busier and busier and went almost 3 weeks without a trip to the woods. I'm waiting until this spring to start her on coon but I'm pretty excited about her.

M2A2

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Jasper county
    i have been one time. It was awesome.. the dogs were climbing trees like cats and hanging from vines ..It was agood ole boy hunt to crazy to post the rest of the story. I have alot of woods to hunt in.And want to go again.cant hunt in the cold??

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    How do you coon hunters keep your dogs from trespassing on land you don't have permission to be hunting?

I have actually taught mine to read :)

Actually, I am fortunate enough to have thousands of acres to hunt. 90% of the hunting I have if a dog gets out of pocket I either have permission to hunt the property over or else have permission to get my dog. As with all things a little common sense in where you turn one loose goes a long way; ie if the dogs are prone to travel onto property where you do not have permission, avoid hunting that area.

I take great care in knowing where my dogs are at at all times. They have GPS collars on that I am able to watch there every move. In the case a dog is going somewhere it should not be, a touch of my e-collar transmitter will have them reeled in in no time.

The old thought of all coon hunters being trespassers, fence cutters, and poachers is bunk. It would be similar to me saying that all deer hunters are trail cam stealing, blind taking, trespassing poachers.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom