• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    i ran into a guy today that was oc'ing while working. i aske dhim about carrying on the job and he said his boss was very pro 2nd amend. pretty cool. then i asked him what he was carrying and he then proceded to show his intellegence "a 9!" this guy was in his 30's too. oh well atleast his boss has some sense.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    What kind of work was he in? Gas station, hardware store?

We have a family run business so I'm lucky I get to carry while at work.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    My boss lets me carry at work. Usually concealed, but occasionally (more and more lately) I will get "the nod" when a group of unsavory looking characters come in.. And if it happens to pop out here and there, oh well!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    So you look down upon him with an elitist attitude because his gun knowledge isn't up to par with what you believe it should be. Maybe the guy didn't want to field all of your questions or didn't have time to talk.

Sometimes a 9 is just a 9...it needn't be more.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Whats wrong with a 9?

Wait, what are we arguing here....that it was a 9mm or that he used the phrase "a 9" instead of telling you the brand, make and model?

If he had said "Beretta 92 FS" would that be better? Or would he be mocked for the supposed lack of stopping power?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    why is a 9 a bad thing? At least he knew the caliber it was. I have heard people that do not even know that. They just want the black scary one, no idea what it shoots, or how to handle it.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I always have "a 9" with me. I have a holster mounted in my truck and it always has "a 9" in it. I usually carry "a 9". Most people when you tell them "I have a Beretta in my truck" or "I carry an XD (or Shield)" is usually followed up by what caliber. It's easier saying 9 or 40 or whatever and just make it simple.

But sometimes when I travel in a not-so-good area I carry "my gat" with me.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Wow "a 9". Guess its not as good as his 22lr pistol. Heck if I know. Guess since he isn't carrying a 40 it don't matter.

As I've told others. It don't matter what you got if your dead before you use it!

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i ran into a guy today that was oc'ing while working. i aske dhim about carrying on the job and he said his boss was very pro 2nd amend. pretty cool. then i asked him what he was carrying and he then proceded to show his intellegence "a 9!" this guy was in his 30's too. oh well atleast his boss has some sense.
    I'm not sure I understand what is wrong with "a 9":dunno:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have a 10/22 taken down into 3 parts (trigger group and receiver in my desk), and a bipod sitting atop another table in my office.
    Myself and a co-worker 'carry' into work (cc) daily. I sort of figured it was 'not the norm'. But appreciate it none the less.
    fwiw we don;t work in anything remotely close to 'firearms' industry. Unless you consider sticky backed paper/decals 'self defense'.
    It's good to have a 2a boss.

edit: the 10/22 is due to xmas present for son. I need to polish the internals away from home

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    ok ok i get it it wasnt that he said it was a 9. it was kinda how he said it but i guess it was better than what he could of said. i apologize.
    his line of work is outside construction type work.

dat 9 aint nuttn to my fo fi though ;)

Top Bottom