• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So, for several years, both the House and the Senate have had legislation which would expand 18 U.S.C. 922(b)(3), which currently allows interstate purchase of long guns from another state. The new legislation would expand that provision to apply to both handguns and long guns purchased from a dealer in another state.
    This year, that legislation is being introduced by Congressman Frank Guinta of New Hampshire.
    Guinta plans to introduce the bill after the congressional spring break, and, at the request of Gun Owners of America, he has agreed to hold off from introducing the bill right away in order to give members an opportunity to sign on as original cosponsors.

You can contact you own congressman here:

Send a Message

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No reason to contact my congresscritter. Visclosky is worthless and doesn't care a lick what anyone thinks except for the Dem Party.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Can someone translate all that bull**** into plain English please?

What part? If your talking about the OP, right now per fed law you can buy/transfer a long gun from a FFL in any state, but can only buy/transfer a handgun in your home state. A representative is going to submit a bill to change that so you can buy/transfer a handgun in any state at a FFL. Contact your rep to support the bill.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    What part? If your talking about the OP, right now per fed law you can buy/transfer a long gun from a FFL in any state, but can only buy/transfer a handgun in your home state. A representative is going to submit a bill to change that so you can buy/transfer a handgun in any state at a FFL. Contact your rep to support the bill.

Thank you, TomdickHarry. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just saw this. Definitely will be writing the congress critters. Thanks BBI, I'd really like to see this pass.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I understand the benefit of this, but...

When I'm told that all the handguns in Chicago come from Indiana and the lax gun laws of Indiana are to blame for the violence, I tell them it is a federal crime for an Illinois resident to purchase a handgun from Indiana without a background check. I usually don't get a response. They'll go to "six shots is enough" or something else.

Is it possible that a lack of freedom helps to defend our freedom?

Flame suit on.

Top Bottom