• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    With Idaho's entry into the club just yesterday, there are now nine states that have (or will soon have) Constitutional Carry rights. They are the fourth state in the last two years to join this club.

Constitutional Carry states:
    1. Vermont (1791)
    2. Alaska (2003)
    3. Arizona (2010)
    4. Wyoming (2011)- residents only
    5. Arkansas (2013)
    6. Kansas (2015)
    7. Maine (2015)
    8. West Virgina (6/5/2016)
    9. Idaho (7/1/2016)- residents only, 21+

450px-Rtc.gif

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I still think my hypothesis that lifetime LTCHs seriously dampens the desire for CC in Indiana has merit. Once you go through the trouble and expense, then why would one really care about CC (from a selfish standpoint)? Now, if we still had to renew every 4 years with the fees, etc., I bet there'd be more interest.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I still think my hypothesis that lifetime LTCHs seriously dampens the desire for CC in Indiana has merit.
    That may well be part of it. An additional aspect is that the licensing system has been in place for so long that it has become the norm, and people are reluctant to support revision or repeal absent a strong motivation.

Another hypothesis to add:
    Based on comments in private conversations as well as online, the biggest obstacle of all is a belief that requiring the licensing of citizens who carry (hand)guns is somehow a proper and legitimate statute that serves the interest of ... (wait for it) ... "public safety".

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That may well be part of it. An additional aspect is that the licensing system has been in place for so long that it has become the norm, and people are reluctant to support revision or repeal absent a strong motivation.

Based on comments in private conversations as well as online, the biggest obstacle of all is a belief that requiring the licensing of citizens who carry (hand)guns is somehow a proper and legitimate statute that serves the interest of ... (wait for it) ... "public safety".

I've heard a lot of that one, too. People see only the paradigm that those who carry lawfully go through the process and jump through the hoops. They miss, however, in watching that circus, that the wolves surrounding the circus tent will still get their meat, without having to "perform" to obtain it.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Because The Mustache will be better?

The Mustache will give the RKBA cancer, just like he did to Hobo.

You raise a valid question, which I will answer with a question: If we continue to vote 'anyone but', the RINOs will have no incentive to actually perform the work the base expects from them much in the same way that a regulated utility has little incentive toward customer service, so are we worse in the long term by accepting a marginally worse governor for the purpose of reinforcing the point that if we can't have what we want, then neither will the GOP establishment?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I've heard a lot of that one, too. People see only the paradigm that those who carry lawfully go through the process and jump through the hoops. They miss, however, in watching that circus, that the wolves surrounding the circus tent will still get their meat, without having to "perform" to obtain it.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Good points. We, as gun owners also use the fact we've been vetted and are obviously law abiding people because we do have these LTCHs as argument for...say...why businesses should take down their "No Guns" signs.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have my lifetime LTCH. I want to see all states go to constitutional carry, and I want to see national reciprocity. The right to keep and bear arms is constitutionally guaranteed. At this time, I'm being denied that right by some states.

I also agree with Bill. It's ridiculous to expect someone to pay money and to jump through legal hoops in order to exercise a constitutionally guaranteed right. People would be quite up in arms if you had to pay $100 to take an english exam in order to receive a license to exercise free speech.

As an addition..... My other selfish reason is that my wife doesn't have her LTCH. Sometimes she borrows my truck, and I have to make sure to check the truck over to make sure I removed all of the firearms. If she got pulled over and I missed something, there could be issues.

Top Bottom