• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I looked at several .45's before I selected a Glock 36! I like 1911's, looked at the Springfield's, the M&P's, etc., but the G-36 just fit my hand better....and I have small hands!

Accuracy...is ridiculous! I've shot 25 round groups at 21'/7m that were less than 4" across (using a 2-handed grip, non-rest/free-standing)! Anything that's comfortable in my hand...and shoots that well...works for me!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I love my Springfield's, my Xd , XDM, XDs. I even like the Px4 I just bought off my brother. Just something about shooting a 1911 that's hard to beat.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I know that a XDM is not a 1911, I didn't have a 1911 in mind to compare it to. I've never shot a 1911. I bought this LC9 without firing one and discovered I don't like the travel on the trigger. It takes way too much pull to fire it. I really should find a day to spend at a range that rents guns so I don't buy something else I don't like the feel of. At the 25 yard range I can't hit half the shots, even braced on the table. Some of them even hit the ground. Even though the 1911 feels better in my hands, I like the capacity of the XDM(S) but it might be better to trade accuracy for capacity. I did have trouble reaching the mag release without flipping the gun sideways on the XDM.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    "More ammo capacity" = fat grip. OP has small hands.. READ. I also have short fingers. I have both an XD and a 1911. Both are dependable, but I shoot the 1911 way better, because it fits my hands. For smaller hands, the slim grip of a 1911 is great. Just go hold one. Shoot one if possible. By one, and if you're not happy with it, I'll trade you for my XD.

Glock 21 gen4/sf hols 13 and have pretty skinny grips for a large capacity 45… I have smaller hands and have carried one quite a bit.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    The best advice Bung, is don't go into the hole buying pistols.......

I get all my pistols from the hole. Is there anywhere else to get them?

I live in Anderson, on the south-side, basically in the middle, on the outskirts of Meadowbrook. I've put about 400 rounds through the LC9, 150 through a Ruger 22, 50 through a 1911 22, and about 100 through a Beretta when qualifying on pistol in the Navy.

It would be great to get some hands-on with a gun before I decide to buy one. Are there any 'reputable' ranges in the area that rent guns to take into the range? I haven't heard enough good things about Don's so I'm not sure I want to go there. It is the only one I can think of at the moment.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Pop Guns [or now Family Indoor Shooting Range] off east washington [I think] lets you rent guns. I spent about $95 there when I first was shooting to figure out what caliber and style of gun I wanted. About 2/3 of that was the cost of their range ammo [required if you shoot their rentals] but the rental fee is a flat fee and you can swap out guns as much as you want so long as you have the right ammo.

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Beech Grove Firearms also rents guns. Same deal, you pay the rental fee and buy the ammo from them. A great way to vet out models and calibers before you buy.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds to me like you Indy guys need to do a meet-greet-and-shoot at a range on the north side and invite Bung to test out your gear. Folks always need an excuse to go to the range, and here is a great opp. Member needs expert advice and everyone will have a great time. Get it together, guys! :draw: :rockwoot: :twocents:

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Take a look at the Metro Arms American Classic looks to be a nice 1911 for $500.00 little better fit and finish thean the Ria

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    We could meet this spring at Wilbur. I wouldn't mind treating everyone (about 5-8 people) to pizza afterwards. I'm not looking to buy a shotgun but I could bring some clay to shoot at there after the pistols.

Top Bottom