• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I've seen some Tisa's, any opinion on those? I've also looked at the Ruger sr1911, $630, certainly in my price range, though on the high side. I could just spend $400 and get the SR45!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know the flame thrower will be coming but seriously. If you have the money....get the Ruger or some other mid range 1911. Para GI is a decent first time buy as is a Springfield GI. Any of those will most likely never let you down as an average round count shooter. The $400 ones will disappoint you either right away or shortly down the path of ownership.
    I know many have had some luck in the low price pieces but many have had the opposite experience.
    I have owned/shot the snot out of/modified 1911's in all price ranges for more years than I care to admit. The cheap ones have always been a disappointment to me. in some way. Step up and get a nice one.....shoot the snot out of it and enjoy.

Edit.....I have done (for friends) 2 RIA's this year that had failed internal parts with sub-2K rd. count. I am doing one right now.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I need to see if I can get my hands on a SR1911. I want to be sure I like it before committing. I picked up a new holster for my LC9 and put a +4 pound spring and stainless steel guide rod in it. It'll do, for now. I've got until my tax return to find a SR1911 to shoot.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I've seen some Tisa's, any opinion on those? I've also looked at the Ruger sr1911, $630, certainly in my price range, though on the high side. I could just spend $400 and get the SR45!

I need to see if I can get my hands on a SR1911. I want to be sure I like it before committing. I picked up a new holster for my LC9 and put a +4 pound spring and stainless steel guide rod in it. It'll do, for now. I've got until my tax return to find a SR1911 to shoot.

Try the Remminton R1 also. My opinion is focus on the sights or keep them in mind as an upgrade. Just don't be in hurry to buy try, post, read & save until you know what you want.

The XD's with a trigger upgrade aren't to bad have one I'm wanting upgrade. To me the there are many 1911's with different feels. The more they cost the better they feel, Colt for example, but they are pricey but don't shoot as good a Springer or Sig for less.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Bung... Where are you located?

If you're close the next time I go to the range you're welcome to come along and shoot both my XDm 45 and my WC 1911. I will warn you - the 1911 is super smooth and you'll most likely fall in love.

I let a range master shoot it and he didn't want to give it back to me :). [He did give it back, but you know what I mean.]

Top Bottom