• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I will agree that there is a significant difference between living and merely existing; However, so far as I am concerned we have a pretty full set of the indicators which throughout history have heralded the coming of a long winter (figuratively speaking) so I certainly do not disparate anyone for a pessimistic appraisal of the present state of the nation and doubts about it ending well.

Having arrived at that conclusion, why do you insist on wallowing in the misery? Perhaps the internet magnifies things a bit, as I don't any of you in real life, but from the agony and wailing I see on this board, I don't see how anyone lives in this constant state of paranoia and fear. I'm not suggesting things are perfect, but I just can't see expending so much energy on something I can do little to nothing about.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Having arrived at that conclusion, why do you insist on wallowing in the misery? Perhaps the internet magnifies things a bit, as I don't any of you in real life, but from the agony and wailing I see on this board, I don't see how anyone lives in this constant state of paranoia and fear. I'm not suggesting things are perfect, but I just can't see expending so much energy on something I can do little to nothing about.

Who is John Galt?

Andrew72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Hamilton Co.
    ahhh yes...sarcasm...it always catch's everyone off guard. Don't pistol whip me but I don't think any harm was meant. Some people are trained to throw out different phrases to get a reaction. With the reaction, one can learn a lot about another. Maybe he was still on the clock...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    ahhh yes...sarcasm...it always catch's everyone off guard. Don't pistol whip me but I don't think any harm was meant. Some people are trained to throw out different phrases to get a reaction. With the reaction, one can learn a lot about another. Maybe he was still on the clock...

If you're referring to Dennys comment early on, it wasn't sarcasm, look through his posts here, he really does feel superior to everyone else on INGO.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Perhaps the internet magnifies things a bit, as I don't any of you in real life, but from the agony and wailing I see on this board, I don't see how anyone lives in this constant state of paranoia and fear...

You need to get out more, my friend. A lot of us are real social butterfly's with other INGOers. There is always stuff going on, if you look for it. Dinners, meetings, training, shooting sports, swap meets, shows, etc, etc, etc.

With all due respect, maybe you should revisit the blanket statement thing. Also, maybe you should climb out of the dark politics section a bit?

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Man.
    I just read through this whole thread, then had to go back to find out what started all this mess.
    Then I notice the OP's wonderful signature (as of the time of my posting) "The Lord works in mysterious ways in Connecticut."
    Lovely.
    I would think that it was The Prince of the Power of the Air who was at work here. But I can't say that on this forum. So, I take it back.
    No.
    I don't.
    The problem here isn't guns, homeschooling, prepping, internet commando's, LEOs ...
    it's Evil.
    Things like this are going to increase in intensity and I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about it besides wring our hands and blame guns and God.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

No crap. Life if good. The world isn't perfect, but surround yourself with things that make it worth living. Wife, kids, house, dog, loving extended family, bills are paid, life is bright. For those and many more reasons you will rarely see me without a smile on my face. Life is just too short and fragile to waste it perpetually angry.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    If you're referring to Dennys comment early on, it wasn't sarcasm, look through his posts here, he really does feel superior to everyone else on INGO.

better-than-you.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ummm.... It goes without saying that each of you has called and mailed your representatives?

If not. Stop typing here and take 30 minutes off to do real work. INGO will be here when you get back.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well, there is certainly no one on INGO who fits that description.

:):

One can own weapons for protection and keep adequate supplies for a majority of situations without letting it consume their life, as some here obviously do. At least, judging from their constant diatribe of doom and gloom on this forum. Many people who know exactly how to survive don't have a clue as how to live. If I had to live with the siege mentality that some do here, I'd have to ask myself why I was fighting so hard to survive. A good life of 60 years beats a miserable life of 80.

It is a shame how some people only live for themselves.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    It is a shame how some people only live for themselves.

Au contraire, those with optimistic outlooks and level headed dispositions are a positive influence on those around them in their lives. I wonder how many family dinners these internet blowhards have ruined in real life with their misery.

Misery loves company, ya know.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    It's was reported on the AR15 forum that the shooter's mother had filed probate papers to have the shooter declared incompetent so that she could either have him committed to a treatment facility or forced him to get out-patient treatment, and most likely she would become his trustee and care taker.
    It's also being reported that she receives $90,000 in alimony per year through 2013 or so after which it would stop. And her house is worth over $1 million.
    Meanwhile her employment status is unknown.
    But since the shooter probably knew about the probate action against him then I wouldn't doubt that it was a primary reason for him to go off the deep end and to kill his mom, and to commit the school massacre and then to kill himself.

Also, his dad's new wife happens to be a school librarian in another Connecticut town. Who knows if that's another reason why he shot up the school or if it had more to do with his mother's battles with the school district that didn't want to provide the educational programing for him that she wanted and which led to him being home schooled.
    Area kids mentioned that he was smart and attended middle school, which is when he dropped off the radar and stopped taking the school bus. It was noted that he carried a briefcase around instead of a knapsack like the other kids did. I haven't heard anything about whether he was ever bullied in school or not.
    Usually school districts refuse expensive special programs for kids with special needs. For instance, sending one student to a special private school for autistic kids at taxpayer expense could cost $200,000 or more per year. The school districts generally prefer to main stream kids as much as possible along with some special instruction for a short time during the day. But what kind of a school program that the mom wanted or what she battled about with the district is all a matter of conjecture since this is all protected information.
    But it's widely reported that because she didn't like the district's educational plan, she removed him from school and home schooled him.
    IIRC Connecticut requires testing of home schooled kids for progress reports, and all school kids take state tests for reporting purposes. And the shooter was apparently listed on the high school honor roll.
    The question is whether any of this would have happened if the mother didn't file probate papers to have him committed, and whether her motives for doing so were altruistic and in his best interest or whether she had some other motive.
    I don't know how many truthful details about the shooter's behavior during his time at home with his mom will ever be revealed.
    For instance, was an offer ever made for him to live with his dad as many kids are asked when they reach a certain age? Probably not unless the dad actually wanted to give him the opportunity to come live with him and his new wife.
    No matter what the mother claimed in a probate court filing, there will be questions about its accuracy and truthfulness.
    We haven't heard if he was on medication or was receiving any treatment.
    It's possible that the mom was battling with him over getting treatment, but who knows?
    More details will probably be forthcoming, and I don't really know how much of this is accurate or true since it comes from my son who told me about it after reading the AR15 thread. But I tend to believe that these reports are mostly true.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom