Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    me neither I really want to.

I love bobcats and the lynx family in general
    <-----l
    <----v

Start coyote hunting. Bobcats move to the beat of the same drum. Can't shoot them, but they are very neat to see. One almost pounced on my electronic caller last year. Only time I have ever seen one.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Start coyote hunting. Bobcats move to the beat of the same drum. Can't shoot them, but they are very neat to see. One almost pounced on my electronic caller last year. Only time I have ever seen one.
    I might have to get one of those callers and setup my photography rig.
    I wonder if there are any in the fort or some of the parks in indy?

Also I think bobcats might be the only animal I wont ever shoot unless im being attacked and i might try other things first.

Last edited:

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I might have to get one of those callers and setup my photography rig.
    I wonder if there are any in the fort or some of the parks in indy?

Also I think bobcats might be the only animal I wont ever shoot unless im being attacked and i might try other things first.

That's a good idea. You might get some good photos, if you're lucky enough to see one of them. I know people who have hunted coyotes for decades and have never seen one. They are very elusive predators. And I doubt you'll see them in any urban areas, because I believe their territory includes about a 30 mile radius.

I doubt you have to worry about being attacked. The one I mentioned, at first, I mistook for a house cat...Turned out about twice the size of a housecat with about half the tail!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are they good eating?

They taste a little like Bald eagle with a hint of Balck Footed Ferret.:D

A buddy of mine Mac Spainhour does an Indiana outdoors show and has these pics from his trail camera near Memphis (about 20 miles North of Louisville). All I know is this Bobcat has been feeding well!

http://indianaoutdooradventures.com/news.html

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Never. We had a bobcat attack our sheep. My step-dad called the CO and the CO told us to leave the bobcats alone and we are not to touch them even when they destroy our sheep
    I dont have any animals, but the next time it happens dont call the CO. Take it out and get some use out of a shovel.. How dare he tell you how to protect your way of life. kill it bury and never mention it again. I could see if it was a cat or dog, but livestock? When it comes to obeying laws or doing what i need to do to keep my family healthy, safe, and fed.. Sorry "government" but my family trumps your "laws"

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That's a good idea. You might get some good photos, if you're lucky enough to see one of them. I know people who have hunted coyotes for decades and have never seen one. They are very elusive predators. And I doubt you'll see them in any urban areas, because I believe their territory includes about a 30 mile radius.

I doubt you have to worry about being attacked. The one I mentioned, at first, I mistook for a house cat...Turned out about twice the size of a housecat with about half the tail!
    Im thinking a pepper spray would break the attack if you even manage to get that close as it will most likely run off.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I got a trailcam pic early this spring. It came thru at night it was a little blurry but you could defintely tell what it was. The camera was setup in Jefferson co.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    We have them at Big Oaks too. I'm just waiting fo the hogs to show up in there...then it's GAME ON!!!:ar15:

For sure there would be open season on them. I keep hearing they are spreading fast across the country but I dont really hear alot about them in Indiana. Years when the Ohio river is real low due to drought just might allow them a chance to swim over from Kentucky so its possible.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    I dont have any animals, but the next time it happens dont call the CO. Take it out and get some use out of a shovel.. How dare he tell you how to protect your way of life. kill it bury and never mention it again. I could see if it was a cat or dog, but livestock? When it comes to obeying laws or doing what i need to do to keep my family healthy, safe, and fed.. Sorry "government" but my family trumps your "laws"

Ironic to bury the bobcat with a Bobcat...don't ya think?

mm5de88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Clinton In
    I know a guy that found one hit by a car called the Co to get a permit for it so he could have it mount &a the Co gave him a ticket for picking it up.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    bobcats are quite abundant in many parts of the state now a days.

Mountain Lions have also been confirmed in Indiana, though rare

Both true.

My brother is a DNR officer for Dekalb and Steuben counties. I have seen several pictures of Bobcats in both of those counties taken by property owners.

We had a Alligator here in one of the rivers this past fall. Obviously a pet someone released.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I know a guy that found one hit by a car called the Co to get a permit for it so he could have it mount &a the Co gave him a ticket for picking it up.

a co-worker of mine found one on base and got a permit to have it mounted.

I never would have thought about doing that but will be cool as hell in his collection.

Top Bottom