• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I think someone already mentioned the older models had a problem with brittle firing pins. I would imagine they fixed that but still, why take the chance?

Me. The CZ52. The pistols in question are half a century old. Quality modern firearms that fire centerfire cartridges (and many modern rimfires) will have no ill effects from dry practice.

I have a Kel Tec P-32 and it is not to be dry fired without a snap cap per the manufacturer. I dry fire my other firearms, however.

Thats where the "quality firearms" bit comes into play, lol. FYI the ruger lcp is a carbon copy design.
    9 out of 10 people don't have a clue what they are feeling or feeling for any way.
    ^^^^ This.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I just got to ask ....
    Did this firearms expert Pop the slide back and check for an empty chamber before he handed you this gun ?
    Just curious ,,,, Most EXPERTS of this caliber dont know anything of basic firearms saftey ....After all it had a trigger lock on it had to be safe right ..:dunno::ingo:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Just got back from an expensive trip to Bradis. All over the store they had signs stating not to dry fire any weapon. They have been in business a long time. What do they know???

While I didn't ask if they provide snap caps for checking trigger pull, with the variety of firearms they have, they would need a zillion snap caps. Point is, if you must pull the trigger before buying (and I agree knowing how it feels is important) then bring your own snap cap for the round needed.

And seeing the no dry firing signs didn't stop me from walking out with a nice pistol. THANKS MARK!!
    When I was deciding between a Ruger and a Glock, they let me dry fire both pistols.

Top Bottom