• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CB45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just want to know why they waited 20 years... Whats the hold up? He was convicted by a jury of his peers. I've never understood why it takes so long to carry out a sentance in this country. Now they are calling it cruel and unusual punishment to wait that long... should have done it the day after sentencing. my:twocents:

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    Just for fun, let's hang him.

Until 1980 the two choices were hanging and firing squad. If the condemned would not choose it defaulted to firing squad. In 1980 hanging was replaced with lethal injection and if the condemned will not choose the default is now lethal injection.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    A death row inmate who had used a gun to fatally shoot two men suffered the same fate Friday morning as he was executed by a team of marksmen - the first time Utah used the firing squad to carry out a death sentence in 14 years.

A barrage of bullets tore into Ronnie Lee Gardner's chest where a target was pinned over his heart. Two minutes later an ashen Gardner, blood pooling in his dark blue jumpsuit, was pronounced dead at 12:17 a.m.

Nation & World | Utah firing squad executes convicted killer | Seattle Times Newspaper

Nothing like the smell of powder in the morning!

Top Bottom