• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    During an interview on radio station WVON 1690 am this week Chicago’s Police Chief Gary McCarthy surprised listeners when he commented on the upcoming concealed carry law that must be passed in Illinois within the next six months. McCarthy made a scary prediction that citizens carrying legally could be shot by Chicago police.
    News in Black reported, via Guns Save Life:
    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”
    McCarthy would not say what specific training officers will undertake if any. However, he did admit that in the past his department has made mistakes in shooting unarmed civilians. He believes the concealed carry law will increase those types of unfortunate incidents.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Uh huh, where is his stats to prove it? Oh wait, he made them up on the fly. Has he not heard that other states allow CC and this has not been a problem. He needs to get out of commy land more often.
    Geez.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Of course there will be more shootings. Maybe after a year the crime rate will go down. kind of hard for thugs to pick on hard targets...

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Did you guys forget to read the story quoted????? :xmad:
    The police cheif mentioned that he will not train his officers to refrain from shooting someone if they are found carrying a firearm!

Quote: “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

This is not your typical blood in the streets gang related vigilante type warning. :xmad:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire

Well thats good to know. Can I take that approach as well, shooting at anything I want whether or not it has threatened me in any way?

Still won't be going to Illinois anytime soon, even with them passing a carry law. Especially not if the Chief of ****cago has decided that anyone who has a gun is worth no more than a rabid dog, needing to be put down.

He appears stuck in the "nobody can carry a gun but the cops" mentality. Because up until now, anybody seen carrying a gun WAS a criminal, by definition. The laws are changing, and if he is supposed to be enforcing them, perhaps he should understand them and maybe, I dunno....follow them?

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    so what he's saying is CPD will murder citizens because the fuzz doesn't have a clear picture of the armed attacker bearing down on the citizen.

good to know. its funny how law-abiding citizens are treated with m ore contempt than thugs. good job chicago.
    that vid of the tarry stop we've all seen from the ohio agency and the roid-raging officer? expect a ton of them. except bloody.

Momof6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Wayne County, IN
    While I absolutely get and agree with what everyone is saying here, I can also see how an officer would be threatened by "when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand." That's obviously not how most law abiding citizens are going to handle the situation, and I would certainly understand an officer being threatened by those actions.

The guy still sounds like a pain in the you know what. :(

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    It's the irrational Chicago anti-gun mentality that we have to thank for Obama and today's EO fiasco. These guys don't care about logic or common sense, or seeing a reduction in the carnage on the streets, all they care about is politics, its just a game to them.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    so what he's saying is CPD will murder citizens because the fuzz doesn't have a clear picture of the armed attacker bearing down on the citizen.

good to know. its funny how law-abiding citizens are treated with m ore contempt than thugs. good job chicago.
    that vid of the tarry stop we've all seen from the ohio agency and the roid-raging officer? expect a ton of them. except bloody.

Kinda makes you wonder who is more dangerous, the gangs? or the police? In the city of Chicago, is there any difference?

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    And my wife wanted me to go see this city? Hell will freeze over solid before I set foot in that state. I originally come from the East Coast, from a state that is one of the few in that region that is very pro-gun. Illinois will have to change a lot more than passing a concealed carry law before I will even entertain crossing the border.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Kinda makes you wonder who is more dangerous, the gangs? or the police? In the city of Chicago, is there any difference?

its in my personal nature to not be 'lorded over' by anyone who thinks they have authority over me. i'll do as i please within moral law. if i'm wrong then i'll pay the price, but thats my choice.

Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    I guess there off duty Barney fifes must leave there guns at home . Probably worried about on duty guys will shoot them for carrying.

Top Bottom