• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Are you asking this with a straight face?

Granted, I am being cynical. I say this is light of the OP who mentioned the Chicago Chief of Police who basically stated they will treat anyone carrying, licensed or not, as a criminal. May even get you shot, he doesn't care. In my view, he is not showing any more respect for the law than a common gang member, only his gang is much bigger. I respect the police, but I expect the police to respect the law like any other American. I understand the Chicago cops have a very dangerous occupation, but remarks like this from a police officer are offensive, especially from such a high ranking one, and indicative of a very big problem in Chicago. There is a mentality among politicians and a lot of big city cops, that anyone else who carries a gun besides them is a criminal, and that BS needs to change. We see abuse of power, and cops even shooting harmless puppy dogs in front of their owners, and it is offensive when that kind of attitude is fostered at the highest rank.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I would think a CCer wouldn't "turn around with a gun in his hand", as someone previously stated.

And hasn't some chiefs in Wisconsin and in Philadelphia said the same things? And then had to eat their words when taken to court?

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    During an interview on radio station WVON 1690 am this week Chicago’s Police Chief Gary McCarthy surprised listeners when he commented on the upcoming concealed carry law that must be passed in Illinois within the next six months. McCarthy made a scary prediction that citizens carrying legally could be shot by Chicago police.
    News in Black reported, via Guns Save Life:
    “You put more guns on the street expect more shootings,” McCarthy said. “I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”
    McCarthy would not say what specific training officers will undertake if any. However, he did admit that in the past his department has made mistakes in shooting unarmed civilians. He believes the concealed carry law will increase those types of unfortunate incidents.

What a giant douche! :rolleyes:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    317985_323407147769503_243846993_n.jpg

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Granted, I am being cynical. I say this is light of the OP who mentioned the Chicago Chief of Police who basically stated they will treat anyone carrying, licensed or not, as a criminal. May even get you shot, he doesn't care. In my view, he is not showing any more respect for the law than a common gang member, only his gang is much bigger. I respect the police, but I expect the police to respect the law like any other American. I understand the Chicago cops have a very dangerous occupation, but remarks like this from a police officer are offensive, especially from such a high ranking one, and indicative of a very big problem in Chicago. There is a mentality among politicians and a lot of big city cops, that anyone else who carries a gun besides them is a criminal, and that BS needs to change. We see abuse of power, and cops even shooting harmless puppy dogs in front of their owners, and it is offensive when that kind of attitude is fostered at the highest rank.

Whole state is broken. I'm all for just putting up a fence. Can we do that? Keep them all over there on their own side?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    1. Police chiefs are political appointees who work for the mayor (usually).
    2. The Chicago police chief works for? You guessed it - Rahm Emanuel.
    3. The Chicago Police Chief will therefore say whatever Rahm tells him to say (if he wants to keep his job).
    4. So, while he's supposed to carry some additional "credibiliity" as a LEO, he is in fact a political hack with no more credibility on this issue than Rahm himself.

(Not to mention the TOTAL FAILURE Chicago gun control has been and how it's actually fostered all the violence going on up there.)

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    While I absolutely get and agree with what everyone is saying here, I can also see how an officer would be threatened by "when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand." That's obviously not how most law abiding citizens are going to handle the situation, and I would certainly understand an officer being threatened by those actions.

The guy still sounds like a pain in the you know what. :(

He is doing two things. 1 trying to scare people into not carrying. 2 Setting up the story for the officers when they knowingly shoot an innocent person.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    This reminds me of an interview of Suzanna Hupp, a Texas state legislator and she said she remembered when her state proposed the concealed carry law and remember people were shouting about how it'll turn into the wild west and the OK Coral, etc. When the law passed, it didn't happen.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    How is it that Chicago is only a 4hr drive from Richmond, but it seems as if they live on the moon? How do people get this far off track? I'm just not sure how the Illinois people would allow their rights to be taken away. It just doesn't make sense.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    It seems that the Chief is just as stupid or more than the Mayor.

Its high time that city be walled on all sides and all harbors there mined. Seal it off, and let it die on its own.

For a Chief of Police to say something like that, he should be cashiered. It sounds like the Chief is afraid of guns, too.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Whole state is broken. I'm all for just putting up a fence. Can we do that? Keep them all over there on their own side?

...Its high time that city be walled on all sides and all harbors there mined. Seal it off, and let it die on its own.....

So it seems that Bill Clinton, Rahm Emanuel, and Mike Pence were walking along a beach and discovered a genie lamp. They rubbed it and sure enough, the genie appeared, as genies are wont to do, and granted them three wishes, one each.

Clinton... Well, we know what he asked for, and *poof* he disappeared to a place where he would forever be surrounded by lovely women, and Hillary couldn't get anywhere near him again.

Emanuel asked for a wall around Chicago, high, deep, thick, and wide, such that no Conservatives could ever enter his beloved city again. *poof* he disappeared within the wall.

The genie asked Pence what his wish was. "Well, now before I answer, I need to know more about that wall."
    The genie replied, "It is ten miles high and ten miles deep in the ground. It is 100 yards thick and surrounds the entire city. It is too cold at the top for any to survive who would try to enter."

Pence smiled and said, "Sounds good. Fill it with water."

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom