• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I carry a Springfield Armory Micro Compact , if the .45 slug doesn't stop them, the muzzle blast will set on fire and loudness of it will deafen 'em

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Para P12. Nothing you can get readily these days; but look at a Warthog. 12+1, 3.5 barrel, disappears on me, ymmv.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Although my usual CCW is a Springfield Champion, I've found that with some wardrobe accomodations (like buying my tousers one size larger in the waist), a high-quality dual layer belt and the right IWB holster I can conceal even my CZ 97B with adequate discretion and carry it with reasonable comfort whenever I choose. OMMV.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I'm here in Ft Wayne and have a few you can handle or shoot if you want. I have:

HK45C - .45ACP
    Springfield Micro Compact - .45ACP
    Beretta PX4 Sub Compact in .40 S&W

My EDC is the HK45C and I carry IWB at 4:00
    Do you like your Beretta sub compact?

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you like your Beretta sub compact?

It's butt-ugly, but it is a great piece. Flawless in feed and function. It carries well and the recoil isn't bad at all. I like the weapon, but I'm not a big fan of the .40 S&W. The main reason I bought it was because it looks like a pit bull on steroids. It's so ugly that it's pretty.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    It's butt-ugly, but it is a great piece. Flawless in feed and function. It carries well and the recoil isn't bad at all. I like the weapon, but I'm not a big fan of the .40 S&W. The main reason I bought it was because it looks like a pit bull on steroids. It's so ugly that it's pretty.
    I totally understand what you mean about the ugly/pretty part. I bought one in 9mm and was suprised about how much I like it. People are always curious when they see it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Another choice is a Bersa UC45. Those are nice guns and you rarely hear of problems with them. I've had one for a while and have had no complaints.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I carry a lightweight Colt Commander 1911 in .45. Pretty easy to conceal with a crossbreed supertuck holster

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I carry a XD Compact .45. With the shorter grip frame and 10 rnd short magazine, it is just slightly larger than a G19. Other possibilities include a G30, G36 or the new XDs single stack .45.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I am getting ready to "pull the trigger" on a Thunder Ranch Smith and Wesson 22-4. I know it's not a 1911 or a Kahr but the OP did say ".45 Handgun". It's an N frame revolver, fixed sight, 4 inch barrel hunk of burning love. I can't wait. Now...If I can only find some stag grips....:D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do you like your Springfield, otherwise?

I have a XD40SC that can conceal pretty easily. The shorter grip makes the difference, along with a good holster.

I also know some folks that conceal a full-sized XD, so maybe a different holster would help you?

I carry my XD45 in a Crossbreed IWB holster. It's comfortable and concealable.

Top Bottom