• Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    My :twocents: for those that might read this and have not applied yet:

GO WITH THE L1 PROCESS!!

It is a 3rd-party that deals with inkless fingerprinting.

My wife just applied online, went with inkless.. and got her license back in 1 WEEK!! I kid you not. it was literally 7 days after we dropped off the local payment.
    1 WEEK

Do it!

And +1 for spelling and knowing Indiana laws.... :ingo:

mlzoiss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Carmel, IN
    We also, did the online application and inkless fingerprinting. We had to wait a little over a week to schedule a meeting with the Sheriff in Carmel after fingerprinting (for a first time license). Then the lifetime licenses came in about a week.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I'm not in a huge hurry. I guess I'll just fill out another app and make sure not to lose it this time. :) Thanks for the info.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm not in a huge hurry. I guess I'll just fill out another app and make sure not to lose it this time. :) Thanks for the info.

I thought the same thing....and here I am 1 month later with no LTCH and I'm picking up my new 1911 this afternoon. In hindsight the $10 would have been well worth it :dunno: At least I'll have a pretty piece of steel on my nightstand....

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I thought the same thing....and here I am 1 month later with no LTCH and I'm picking up my new 1911 this afternoon. In hindsight the $10 would have been well worth it :dunno: At least I'll have a pretty piece of steel on my nightstand....

Does anyone have a link to this "L1 Process" or fabled inkless fingerprinting? I'm all for getting things done a little faster if it's not ridiculously priced like expedited shipping is. And yeah I could probably just google around for it but I've been on the phone with 3 different cable reps with the IQ of cauliflowers trying to figure out who services my new area and I'm afraid if I don't take a nap now I'm going to stab someone or myself with a fork.

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    What if he does not work in the medical field? Can he still obtain a license?

u21238254.jpg

Well played, sir!

And I guess unless he's a psychiatrist, then the answer is no.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I got my lifetime before the on line system was up and running yet. The four year renewal almost always was a 3 month wait. I remember one time it just took 6 weeks and I was ecstatic!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Does anyone have a link to this "L1 Process" or fabled inkless fingerprinting? I'm all for getting things done a little faster if it's not ridiculously priced like expedited shipping is. And yeah I could probably just google around for it but I've been on the phone with 3 different cable reps with the IQ of cauliflowers trying to figure out who services my new area and I'm afraid if I don't take a nap now I'm going to stab someone or myself with a fork.

Application for Handgun License

Fill it out on a computer. When I tried, it wasn't mobile friendly.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    If I remember correctly, you have to select the L1 process on that application and it will take you to where you schedule your appointment from there.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Oh, really? I don't remember that option on the first one I filled out. But I was probably awake at an inappropriate hour. 14 weeks is kind of getting in to horror story territory...

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    I have just applied for my carry permit and need to go in next week to finish the process...hoping it doesn't take months.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Filled out my app online and scheduled for Tuesday at 9am to get the L1. I paid the state and L1 fee online with my debit card. Now all I will have to do is the local fee after I get printed. Was quite painless so far.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I went up to the lifetime a few months ago, it took about 9 weeks to receive. It really depends on the number of applications they have at the time. I did my first 4 year in Woodburn and it took about a week, my lifetime was at the FWPD on Creighton.

Top Bottom