• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    A friend bought a computer at a yardsale last weekend that has windows XP on it. It is also password protected. I figured I could boot it up and load Vista onto it,but didnt have any luck.
    Is there a way to get around the password,so it can be wiped and a new version of windows loaded onto it?
    Vista is mine,I upgraded to Windows 7. So I have the keys for it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    A friend bought a computer at a yardsale last weekend that has windows XP on it. It is also password protected. I figured I could boot it up and load Vista onto it,but didnt have any luck.
    Is there a way to get around the password,so it can be wiped and a new version of windows loaded onto it?
    Vista is mine,I upgraded to Windows 7. So I have the keys for it.

Password protected at Windows?

You should be able to get into BIOS and change the settings to boot from Disc first. This will allow you to install Vista and format the drive so it wipes everything off of it.

And if the BIOS is password protected there is a jumper on the motherboard you can move that will wipe bios and remove the password.

usermax2000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    If you go into safe mode you can get rid of the password. But you will loose the other guys info which you probably don't want anyway.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you are looking for the windows's password try these:
    Ophcrack v3.3.1 Review - Password Recovery Software Review - Ophcrack Live CD ISO Download
    or
    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor Review - Password Recovery Software Review - Password Crack ISO Download
    I have used the 2nd link for lots of sucess when my family has PC issues.

:hijack:
    If you want to earse your HD use this:
    The Hard Disk Shred/Wipe Page

Always a good idea before you well it.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS
    The final 2010 MEET & SHOOT will be in NOV. Go vote for which date!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14439-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_nov_date.html

Halloween Cigar OC Night is 28 OCT 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0_28_-_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_pine_island.html

Appleseed for NWI
    23 OCT 2010 @ NPCCC, Chesterton, IN
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    11-12 DEC 2010 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    19-20 MAR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Password protected at Windows?

You should be able to get into BIOS and change the settings to boot from Disc first. This will allow you to install Vista and format the drive so it wipes everything off of it.

And if the BIOS is password protected there is a jumper on the motherboard you can move that will wipe bios and remove the password.

Thats where I was at the last time I was down at his house. It wanted to boot from a 3.5 and I wanted to boot from E drive. I'll try safemode and see what happens

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    also, look for hirens boot disc. they have a compilation of utilities. can be a cd/dvd/usb drive. of course your computer has to boot to usb. the other way to do it is connect the drive to your system & format it. once blank it should boot to cd automatically.

Top Bottom