• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What did you guys think of the speakers?

At a Libertarian Party meeting I went to tonight, the guys did a recap of the Revolt and were disappointed at the media coverage (and that's probably a huge understatement). The media covered the tables outside the protest meeting, but didn't talk to the organizers of the event or any of the speakers of the event. The video clips also seemed to make it look like it was a very Libertarian event, but it really crossed all the party platforms -- primarily Republican and Libertarian, but there were some Democrats there as well.

Also, as a side note, I was told that an event like this doesn't usually generate a lot of attendance by the legislators. Most of them have committee meetings scheduled well in advance that may conflict with the time slot. Also, it was pointed out that if someone was protesting against YOU, would you really want to be there to listen to them complain about all the things you've done that they've hated?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    What did you guys think of the speakers?

At a Libertarian Party meeting I went to tonight, the guys did a recap of the Revolt and were disappointed at the media coverage (and that's probably a huge understatement). The media covered the tables outside the protest meeting, but didn't talk to the organizers of the event or any of the speakers of the event. The video clips also seemed to make it look like it was a very Libertarian event, but it really crossed all the party platforms -- primarily Republican and Libertarian, but there were some Democrats there as well.

Also, as a side note, I was told that an event like this doesn't usually generate a lot of attendance by the legislators. Most of them have committee meetings scheduled well in advance that may conflict with the time slot. Also, it was pointed out that if someone was protesting against YOU, would you really want to be there to listen to them complain about all the things you've done that they've hated?

Speakers were excellent and in my opinion it was well attended. I gave up my seat and was walking around in the standing crowd and noticed that there were several Indiana Legislators in attendance watching and listening to the speakers. It's a start and we are not going to prevail with only one rally. The news media, especially Jim Shella (WISHTV-Democrat Operative) were determined to under report attendance and the message given by the speakers and the enthusiasm of those in attendance.

Molon_Labe_Greek.jpg

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I just received an email....

Hi Everyone ~ We have all the details ironed out for the Indianapolis Tax Day Tea Party. Here's the facts:

Who: ALL Freedom-loving Hoosiers
    When: April 15th 12:00 - 2:00 pm
    Where: Indiana Statehouse - south side
    Participants: Wear patriotic colors, bring signs (sign information coming in another email), COME EARLY, parking will be a challenge..be prepared to walk from the parking garages to the statehouse.

"How can I help??" Glad you asked!!! We need tons of volunteers to make this Tea Party a HUGE success! Check out our Message Boards - Tea Party Information Forum and click on the "TP Committee Info". Decide which committee you would like to be involved in and contact that Committee Leader (and THANK them for taking on that role!).

Let's do it, Indy! Let's combine our voices and our energies to let our elected officials know, we will be SILENT NO MORE!

FREEDOM!
    Richard and Laura

Please check out Indy Defenders of Liberty.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom