• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Kate, hope to see you there. Group, think it would be crass if we displayed some Pro 2nd Amendment Signs :rockwoot:

Go to the 1500 and there should be some available at the INGO table.
    I'm making them up right now...any requests...send them to me now, so I can have them ready for tomorrow.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Go to the 1500 and there should be some available at the INGO table.
    I'm making them up right now...any requests...send them to me now, so I can have them ready for tomorrow.

I will not be at the 1500 but if you could pass some along to someone attending both festivities but that would be great :rockwoot:

ChefCook talked about going to the 1500 but I don't know if he has firm plans. Anyone else doing both :popcorn:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Kate, hope to see you there. Group, think it would be crass if we displayed some Pro 2nd Amendment Signs :rockwoot:
    I wonder what they will allow us to bring inside the Statehouse? I plan on wearing one of my INGO hats.
    Sarge do you know where we are supposed to meet up at? I have browsed through the website but not sure where I'm going once I get inside the statehouse.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I wonder what they will allow us to bring inside the Statehouse? I plan on wearing one of my INGO hats.
    Sarge do you know where we are supposed to meet up at? I have browsed through the website but not sure where I'm going once I get inside the statehouse.

From what I've read I don't think that you will have a problem finding the group. I'll look for the INGO hat but hope that we will have some Pro 2nd Amendment signs for the protest. It starts at 11:30, I'm going to try and be there before 11 AM.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Revolt at the Statehouse Speaker List

"Increasing Debt: Mortgaging our Children’s Future" – Lisa Kelly, former Libertarian candidate for Lt. Governor

"The Colts, Pacers and the Capital Improvement Board" – Gary Welsh, Attorney at Law and Publisher of Advance Indiana blog

“Government Grants & Public Corruption” – Rev. Solomon, local political activist

"Run Over By the Speedway Redevelopment Commission" - JoEllen Dotlich, SPEED

"Pay to Play Politics" (humorous interlude) – Mark Small, Author and Attorney at Law

"Transparency and Accountability in Government" – Diana Vice, Lafayette-area housewife and publisher of Welcome to My Tea Party blog

"Lobbying and Ethics Reform" – Julia Vaughn, Common Cause

Topic TBA, Jim Premeske, Team Hammond Taxpayers

"Fun and Games in Evansville" – Frankie Neidhammer, President Vanderburgh County Taxpayer Association

"Conflicts of Interest in Government" – Chris Hiatt, Delaware County Taxpayer Association

"How to Get Involved & Make a Difference" – Melyssa Donaghy, publisher of Hoosiers for Fair Taxation blog

"A Call to Action" – Paul Ogden, Attorney at Law, and publisher of Ogden on Politics blog

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Revolt At The State House Rally **** UPDATE ****

Revolt At The State House Rally

For Immediate Release Contact: Paul K. Ogden
    March 23, 2009
    (317) 531-6127 (cell)
    (317) 631-0172 (work)
    http://www.revoltatthestatehouse.com/

MEDIA ADVISORY--Citizen Leaders Pay Call to Legislators; Demand Reforms--Indianapolis – Attorney Paul K. Ogden, 47, today announced finalized plans regarding the taxpayer rally dubbed the “Revolt at the Statehouse” to be held on Wednesday, March 25, 2009, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the North Atrium.

The focus of the “Revolt” is the anger the average citizen has with government at all levels which has been captured by big money interests and does not listen to ordinary citizens.Ogden cited the populist uprising in the country, which is noted on the cover of Newsweek that hits the newsstands today, as one of the reasons for the rally.

“You are seeing a populist rage sweeping the country like you have not seen in decades. People are angry as they see their hard-earned money being taken to give out to failing companies, like AIG and others. In Indianapolis, leadership of both the Republican and Democratic Parties is deeply involved in a corporate welfare culture that silences even the most well-meaning party members who dare speak out for the interests of the taxpayers.”

Gary Welsh, author of the blog “Advance Indiana,” has tirelessly reported about the proposed Pacer bailout, the overly generous Colts-Lucas Oil Stadium deal as well as other issues related to the Capital Improvement Board and other local issues. Welsh notes, “The CIB is filled with members who have serious conflicts of interest, not the least of which is the President of the Board, who represents the Simons who own the Pacers. The individuals on the CIB clearly do not have the best interests of the people of Indianapolis in mind when they decide they need to give another $15 million of our tax money to billionaire sports owners.”

Melyssa Donaghy, who runs the blog "Hoosiers for Fair Taxation," noted that people are fed up with the back door deals and lack of transparency in how government operates. “The Revolt will include a call for ethics reform, including more transparency. People need to know what is going on in their government,” Donaghy said. “The conflicts of interest many of these politicians have need to be exposed and ended. We should not have our elected officials using their positions to make themselves and their friends richer at the expense of taxpayers.”

The speakers will include Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians. Titles of some of the speeches include:

“Increasing Debt: Mortgaging Our Children’s Future,”

“The Colts, Pacers and the Capital Improvement Board,”

“Run over by the Speedway Redevelopment Commission,”

“Lobbying and Ethics Reform,”

“Transparency and Accountability in Government,”

“Pay to Play Politics, Indiana Style,” and

“Fun and Games in Evansville.”

A speaker list is included below.

"Increasing Debt: Mortgaging our Children’s Future"– Lisa Kelly, former Libertarian Candidate for Governor"The Colts, Pacers and the Capital Improvement Board"– Gary Welsh, Attorney at Law and Publisher of Advance Indiana blog“Government Grants & Public Corruption”– Rev. Solomon, Author and Community Activist"Run Over By the Speedway Redevelopment Commission"- JoEllen Dotlich, SPEED"Pay to Play Politics, Indiana Style"– Mark Small, Attorney at Law and Author"Transparency and Accountability in Government"– Diana Vice, Lafayette-area Housewife and political activist; Publisher of Welcome to My Tea Party blog"Lobbying and Ethics Reform"– Julia Vaughn, Policy Director of Common Cause/IndianaTopic TBA--Jim Premeske, Team Hammond Taxpayers"Fun and Games in Evansville"– Frankie Neidhammer, President Vanderburgh County Taxpayers Association"How to Get Involved & Make a Difference"– Melyssa Donaghy, political activist and publisher of Hoosiers for Fair Taxation blog"A Call to Action"– Paul Ogden, Attorney at Law, and publisher of Ogden on Politics blog.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I am going to try to make it. I've been having trouble finding a babysitter so I might have a couple kids in tow with me! :D I'm glad it won't last past 1pm as I have to be here to get the kids at 330! :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm good to go with no kids. I will be bringing my "Don't Tread on Me" Poster I got from the 1500 (thanks guys/gals).

I was also wondering if anyone in the Plainfield/Avon/Mooresville area was going besides me? If so I can fit 3 more people in my car. Figure it would save some gas and parking fees.

So yea, where does anyone want to meet up at? I was thinking Park at the White River Park across from the ball park on Washington St. Free parking and only 2 blocks away.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I finally got an answer from the event organizers:

"The event is in the north atrium, 1st floor, of the State House. It is inside. There is very friendly security there. They do have metal detectors. I hope that helps."

So, no carrying.

Well, I'll be carrying a canon camera, and have a camera bag. But nothing that shoots bullets.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    We will be meeting at the Denny's Restaurant at 4902 S. EAST ST. (US 31, between I465 & Thompson Road) 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM prior to leaving for the Rally. ALL are Welcome :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We will be meeting at the Denny's Restaurant at 4902 S. EAST ST. (US 31, between I465 & Thompson Road) 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM prior to leaving for the Rally. ALL are Welcome :patriot:

All meet you there. My offer to car pool is still on the table! :thumbsup:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Ok so I'm guessing that the Statehouse is a Gun Free zone. If that is true does anyone know if they have a place to "Check" our guns while we are in the building? Might make quite an impression if several hundreds of us checked our guns.

Why should a free tax paying citizen duely with permission from his rulers to carry a firearm have to "check" that fire arm to make fair use of the facilities he paid for?

What's the point of protesting one right and meekly abdicating another? That's no protest, that's confirmation of herd animal status.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I finally got an answer from the event organizers:

"The event is in the north atrium, 1st floor, of the State House. It is inside. There is very friendly security there. They do have metal detectors. I hope that helps."

So, no carrying.

Well, I'll be carrying a canon camera, and have a camera bag. But nothing that shoots bullets.

Isn't that a public facility? Don't you have a right to make use of it for public events?

If ANY right is only at the whim of the rulers, you don't have ANY rights. You have PERMISSIONS.

Top Bottom