• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I wonder if fearless leader has thought through what this may lead to for michelle.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We running out of cows or something?

Actually, there will be a shortage in the coming months, and the price of beef will skyrocket. Two main factors leading to this are the drought that hit the west this year and the price of grains.

First, the drought cost ranchers big time. It was more expensive to keep the cattle (water, etc.), so they just unloaded them. That means there are no new cattle in the "pipeline," so to speak.

Second, with the price of corn and other agriculture going through the roof, ranchers are converting their cattle ranches to farm fields. There is more money to be made growing corn than raising cattle.

I received this information from a farmer that used to run cattle from the west. He is very versed in this area, and is actually trying to talk his partners into converting their corn fields into cattle pastures because cattle can be had cheap now, and when the price skyrockets, he'll be positioned to make a fortune.

Moral of the story, get your beef now. I'm actually thinking of buying a chest freezer just for this reason. I gotta have my red meat. :):

:twocents:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    And why is corn so high? Government intervention that mandates the production of ethanol, that is a marginal fuel, and costs about $9 of taxpayer money to produce about $8 of energy, not including the increase in feed costs that have made the price of meat double to start with. Don't you just love to see a plan come together?

Top Bottom