• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He wasn't wrong in his analysis. From what I'm reading, eldirector is correct that there were no federal laws preventing an individual from slaughtering and eating a horse.

The FDA, however, was prohibited (via lack of congressional funding) from inspecting horse slaughterhouses, which means that horses could not be legally slaughtered and sold for human consumption (basically what mrjarrel was trying to say).

He was also correct that Obama broke a campaign promise by signing it into law.

I think he got his facts pretty straight, overall.

Never said he was.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    What really surprises me is that Fox news reported a 10% drop in support from independent voters. I would think that since Obama just single handedly solved the worldwide food shortage issues, his support would have gone up! :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Guess people just love their McEd.

Sounds delicious!

I wonder........ will the QuarterPounder contain a Quarter Horse?

Are they getting rid of the filet-o-fish and replacing it with the new SeaBiscuit?

Burger King can make the Triple Crown Sandwich......

:dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I highly doubt horsemeat will be cheaper. Since it will be limited demand it will probably cost more per pound than beef and therefore would be cost prohibitive for fast food chains to use.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was just thinking this whole horse meat issue through. Please check to see If I have a reasonable though process.
    Since horses are a lot more active than cattle and sheep, I would not think they are as efficient in gaining meat weight. Since cattle ranchers have to turn a profit, I would not think they would adopt a more expensive animal to raise for meet. I would guess that the horse meat would come as a secondary salvage on horses that have already served their first purpose in life. So realistically, the profit would only be dirived from old sick horses, not exactly what I would consider a source of quality meat. I do not see how this would become a large percentage contributor of protein supply in the food market.
    In light of all the real problems we have in this country, why is the person in the oval office wasting time messing with the concept of selling horse meat anyway?

indianabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    i am a horse owner and love horses but without a way to remove or get rid of the undesireable's horse suffer...i am for the slaughter of horses it sure is better than seeing all the starved horses i see when i travel.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I like your thinking. Good marketing, ties in with the current ones:patriot:

I guess Arby's "Horsey" sauce would be a fitting condiment on your Nelly Nuggets.

As far as marketing you could have the sandwiches sizes tied in too.
    Instead of Large or Jr. you could have Clydesdale or Pony.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    There's no way my wife or children would eat a horse! They can't even eat Bambi. I, on the other hand, am typically so hungery at the end of the day that I could eat a horse.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There's no way my wife or children would eat a horse! They can't even eat Bambi. I, on the other hand, am typically so hungery at the end of the day that I could eat a horse.

SEE!

The commerical just about writes itself........

"Do you have a man sized hunger?
    Are you hungry enough to eat a Horse?
    Well, your in luck!
    The new Hardees 1/2 lb. Horse sandwich, big enough to choke a horse!"

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I would, and now shall; eat horse meat. Its an excellent protein, esp for athletes. Ethically, I can't really object since I don't really make a distinction between eating one domestic animal over another; and at the end of the day I've not yet found a meat that disagreed with me.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Horse steak and fish filet. Instead of surf and turf, it would be the Percheron and Perch. (or Perch squared?)

Wasn't there a push for serving horse meat in schools in the 1970's ?I swear I remember something like that when I was in High School. But then, I put the "High" in High School, so I could be mistaken.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We use to process horse meat hear in the US, but PETA successfully lobbied Congress or the FDA to shut down the slaughter houses. All the expensive, as should be. It was exported to europe, or Canada. As others have said, Horse prices have dropped to nothing. Slaughtering horses a would bring jobs back to Western States, and maybe even our area.

Top Bottom