• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    this was my comment on our local news FB page, right after a couple of "good for comcast" supportive responses

" You can be happy or love it, but unless they are going to stop showing violence related programming, it is very hypocritical. Just like the Hollywood types writing and acting for violent films, and those of you who watch them but then complain about the evil guns... all a bunch of ignorant hypocrites... you crack me up LOL"

I received 4 "likes"

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    These hyper-fast Internet speed claims are bull**** anyway. Above 3MB/sec or so there's usually some other limiting factor anyway unless you like getting into e-peen contests over your speedtest.net scores. My U-Verse has been way more dependable than Comcast residential ever was.

junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    thats crap! if we could get every comcast coustomer to switch to another that would be awesome! lets shut em down and run em in the ground!

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    thats crap! if we could get every comcast coustomer to switch to another that would be awesome! lets shut em down and run em in the ground!

Unfortunately, Comcast/NBC/Universal is a behemoth company. It would take every gun owner in America to quit watching their channels, quit going to their movies, and switching service to break them.

But, if Comcast is pulling the ads, I wonder if they'll quit making violent movies? What about programming on NBC? Will they just go back to good ol' "clean" TV like Andy Griffith, Hee Haw, and the Sonny & Cher hour?

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    As bad as some of you may want to ditch Comcast, I wouldn't recommend U-verse. It's the worst TV service I've ever experienced.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We were told by Comcast they would no longer play the commercial we paid them $600 to produce mainly advertising safety courses. I think I may just go to small claims court in the near future.

ATT has a history of supporting anti-gun agendas as well, so do some research before just switching over.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I am sorry to learn of this. I have been very happy with Comcast's services. It seems they, like Discovery Channel don't want to let Americans make their own decisions about things.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    I have never had cable, and never will. With the internet, you can watch a lot of the shows when you want, like Duck Dynasty a week after they air. My friends give me a hard time, but it's just a waist of money to me. DSL internet and a 2 landlines and electricity are the only lines coming to my house.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've been on Dish since 2004...I'm not a salesman for them but I'm a happy customer. I think their new Hopper DVR can record multiple programs at the same time. We recently subscribed to their satellite service. With much trepidation, based on what I've heard from other satellite broadband customers, we subscribed--we had no other, better choices where we live. I'll say, it's much better than we/I expected. However, we weren't spoiled by unlimited data and ultrafast speeds that you city folks get either. If you stream a lot of video (Hulu/Netflx/YouTube/etc.) no satellite broadband is for you. With 2 teenagers in the house, we blow through the data limit in about 3 weeks. But even when they put you on the trottle-down speed for the rest of the month, it's at least serviceable for checking email and internet service.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Hmmm.... I wonder what they will do about the History channel when they show those evil war documentaries. No, wait.... I'm sure those are alright because they only show war type weapons that aren't available to the public. :rolleyes:

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I/m totally never going to support comcast cable. Or AT&T, or any other cable network. Never have, never will. There hasn't been anything worth watching on TV in a long time.

Top Bottom