• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You don't give $20 million guaranteed for an if. That is NEVER a good business decision. That money could've been spent bringing in players that might not have been among the leagues best but solid enough to play at their position for at least 50% of the season.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    He's had more than 1 big game, but only twice out of his 7-8 seasons in the league has he been able to play the majority of the games.

I don't like the Colts, but it's a shame all that talent went to waste due to injury...Bo Jackson anyone?

(My apologies for putting Bob in the same sentence as Bo)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Bo knows he was no Bob Sanders. Bo knows he was a monster that had a freak injury. Bo knows how disappointed I was in him for the freak injury. I was giving him crap at a Sox game and he said something about how he didn't think he would've been one of the best but wished he had the chance to try to be the best. Pretty good guy.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You don't give $20 million guaranteed for an if. That is NEVER a good business decision. That money could've been spent bringing in players that might not have been among the leagues best but solid enough to play at their position for at least 50% of the season.

He got his big contract before he started having major injury issues...

He was great in 05, hurt early in 06 but came back and played great at the end of the reg season and playoffs, and played great in 07. Then got paid. Then got hurt.

You cannot predict he would be that injury prone. Of course looking back it ended up badly for the Colts, but it wasnt a bad decision at the time.

Ryan Leaf is a bad decision, signing a great player to a big deal then him getting hurt annually isnt. Thats bad luck.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    He got his big contract before he started having major injury issues...

He was great in 05, hurt early in 06 but came back and played great at the end of the reg season and playoffs, and played great in 07. Then got paid. Then got hurt.

You cannot predict he would be that injury prone. Of course looking back it ended up badly for the Colts, but it wasnt a bad decision at the time.

Ryan Leaf is a bad decision, signing a great player to a big deal then him getting hurt annually isnt. Thats bad luck.

Not really because he only had 2 seasons where he played more than 10 games out of his entire career. His first contract he had those 2 seasons with more than 10 games, other than that he played in 6 and 4 games. He was always seeing injuries. 40 games over 4 seasons doesn't = $20 million guaranteed even if you were playing at a high level. I was laughing hard when he signed that 2nd contract because I was 90% sure he wouldn't make it on the field for even half the games in the contract.

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    everyone knows the deal...........great player, but for the colts, time played compared to money spent was a losing deal for the colts

Top Bottom