Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Colts offense is right there with the Dolphins and 49ers. Even with the mess at qb. Lifetime contract for Steichen.

Bad Defense?

Sure; when a team yields 20 points on 4 turnovers, that's an indicator of a "bad defense". Freaking box score analysts. :rolleyes:

In the past two games, the Colts have given up 17 and 20 points, 37 total, on 8 total turnovers. The Colts are currently #30 in the league, with 27.3 points against per game (191 total points). I didn't look up points off of their prior 4 turnovers, but just accounting for these 8 in the past two games, if you take those away, the Colts would have given up 154 total points, or 22 points against per game (T21). Not stellar, but the team has also faced a few high-powered offenses - and would put the Colts basically at the dividing line between "good defense" and "bad defense" (in the range of GB, DET, MIN, PIT, CIN).

But, yes: Steichen has been a miracle worker on offense. As anticipated, this Colts team is overall just fun to watch on offense.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Totally different feel good story of, by accounts of those that know him, a good guy.

“David Bell may not have caught a pass during the Browns’ 39-38 win over the Colts on Sunday, but it was still quite the memorable day for the Cleveland wide receiver. Not only was it a homecoming for the Indianapolis product who played college football at Purdue, but one of his relatives gave birth to his niece inside Lucas Oil Stadium.”

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I’m not a Levis hater by any means. I just never saw anything to make me think he could be a franchise guy for a decade. I can see him having a nice long career as a solid backup. Nothing wrong with that life.
    Sure. He could be the next Gardner Minshew: a solid backup. (And maybe he proves me wrong, and develops into a starting-caliber QB? I just don't see it.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I wonder if the Colts would have went with C.J. over AR, had we picked ahead of Texans. C.J. looks to be the real deal and can obviously read and react to a defense. That's funny because the pre-draft rumor was that C.J. would struggle to read a book.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I wonder if the Colts would have went with C.J. over AR, had we picked ahead of Texans. C.J. looks to be the real deal and can obviously read and react to a defense. That's funny because the pre-draft rumor was that C.J. would struggle to read a book.

That wasn’t his pre-draft rumor at all :dunno:

His evaluation was that he is excellent at reading defenses and a very accurate passer.

His concerns were that he struggles off-script and under pressure. He doesn’t have elite athleticism either. If he doesn’t have a good system and a clean pocket, he’ll struggle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    His concerns were that he struggles off-script and under pressure. He doesn’t have elite athleticism either. If he doesn’t have a good system and a clean pocket, he’ll struggle.
    This is true with most quarterbacks, to some degree. I'm certain he can "rotate the spheroid" as Jaworski put it. But his test results on his cognition test made him look to be borderline illiterate. There's some debate as to the accuracy of the reporting, but if he truly scored an 18 on the test, yikes. I'm just curious if the Colts might have gone with CJ. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20. And I'm certifiably unqualified to judge talent. While CJ looks like he will be special there may be glaring weakness in his game I don't recognize.

As to my overall point, I think the Colts would have stuck with AR due to the hiring of Steichen and his desired QB type. I'm bummed for AR to have ended his season with an injury to his throwing shoulder. This could change his career arc dramatically. I'll be interested when the team will put out an anticipated 'cleared to play' date. I haven't heard anything of the time frame as yet.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    That wasn’t his pre-draft rumor at all :dunno:

His evaluation was that he is excellent at reading defenses and a very accurate passer.

The perception of him not being able to read and react to defenses may be coming from his S2 score.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    This is true with most quarterbacks, to some degree. I'm certain he can "rotate the spheroid" as Jaworski put it. But his test results on his cognition test made him look to be borderline illiterate. There's some debate as to the accuracy of the reporting, but if he truly scored an 18 on the test, yikes. I'm just curious if the Colts might have gone with CJ. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20. And I'm certifiably unqualified to judge talent. While CJ looks like he will be special there may be glaring weakness in his game I don't recognize.

As to my overall point, I think the Colts would have stuck with AR due to the hiring of Steichen and his desired QB type. I'm bummed for AR to have ended his season with an injury to his throwing shoulder. This could change his career arc dramatically. I'll be interested when the team will put out an anticipated 'cleared to play' date. I haven't heard anything of the time frame as yet.

I’d have to go back and find it. I said I’d be happy with any of the top three (Young, Stroud, AR), but Stroud would’ve been my pick.

Having said that, I can absolutely see why Shane wanted to go with Richardson after seeing all the success he had with Hurts. Dude’s an alien. Really hope he can get right and come back strong next season.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County

Sorry @manifest destiny I didn't even see this post. That's what I get for not refreshing the screen before I post something. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom