• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Riddle me this; In the KC game Kelce catches the ball at the one yard line is clearly held up for a second or two but teammates came and pushed him and as he fell the ball crossed the plane of the goal line. My question is why is this play routinely ruled forward progress is stopped all over the field except at the goal line? This happens often with receivers and RB’s at the goal line. Don’t think there is anything in the rules that changes forward progress at the goal line.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Riddle me this; In the KC game Kelce catches the ball at the one yard line is clearly held up for a second or two but teammates came and pushed him and as he fell the ball crossed the plane of the goal line. My question is why is this play routinely ruled forward progress is stopped all over the field except at the goal line? This happens often with receivers and RB’s at the goal line. Don’t think there is anything in the rules that changes forward progress at the goal line.
    It happens with quarterbacks when it's 4th and inches too. :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So what did Gene Steratore have to say about the PI call on a pass that Wilt Chamberlain couldn't have caught?
    He said they rarely call uncatchable unless the ball is in the stands and implied it was in the gray area. He said the party line but did not seem enthusiastic about either call…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He said they rarely call uncatchable unless the ball is in the stands and implied it was in the gray area. He said the party line but did not seem enthusiastic about either call…
    And I learned that when a receiver throws the defender to the ground, it's illegal contact by the defender. :nuts:

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I agree. The Eagles seem to use this to their advantage more than most.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I agree. The Eagles seem to use this to their advantage more than most.
    The push play is not what I was going after. When forward progress is clearly stopped why do they play on at the goal line, when it is whistled down everywhere else?

As for the push play, you are right the eagles do it significantly better than the rest of the league. In fact they are successful 90% of the time compared to 55% for the rest of the league. The Giants injured two players in one push recently. The difference seems to me to be a QB that can squat 600#…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom