• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    There’s just such a clear difference in the game when Stroud has pressure vs when he has all day to stand back there read the zone defense.

If Houston can put a reasonable offensive line in front of him, he can be pretty good.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Next stretch of games may be the toughest of the season.

Ravens
    Rams
    Titans
    Jags
    Browns

Some a winnable games for sure but also could be really rough. Could go 3-2 through that stretch. Could easily go 0-5. Buckle up.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    AR’s upside is special

That's wonderful of course but as a fan of the SEC I have watched most of AR's college games. Every year as a Gator, he's had injuries that compromised his athletic ability. In 2021, after killing South Florida, he hurt his hamstring and couldn't perform 100% for much of the season. Last year he hurt his leg(ankle?) in the second game against Kentucky and he looked limited for the rest of the season.

People are comparing him to Josh Allen but watching Allen run with total abandon and seemingly able to play weekly without really getting hurt is a big difference from AR's history of injury.

I wish AR the best and would love to see him lead the Colts to the playoffs and beyond but all this hype is not going to pay off if he is a "running QB". I don't know of the game plan is for him to run or he calls his own number but it's early and it's just not working.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    That's wonderful of course but as a fan of the SEC I have watched most of AR's college games. Every year as a Gator, he's had injuries that compromised his athletic ability. In 2021, after killing South Florida, he hurt his hamstring and couldn't perform 100% for much of the season. Last year he hurt his leg(ankle?) in the second game against Kentucky and he looked limited for the rest of the season.

People are comparing him to Josh Allen but watching Allen run with total abandon and seemingly able to play weekly without really getting hurt is a big difference from AR's history of injury.

I wish AR the best and would love to see him lead the Colts to the playoffs and beyond but all this hype is not going to pay off if he is a "running QB". I don't know of the game plan is for him to run or he calls his own number but it's early and it's just not working.
    This is why I think that Minshew is the perfect backup for AR. Look at the way Minshew ran Steichen's offense. If he can be a mentor to AR and help teach him to play that scheme the same way, AR would do it better than Minshew does - while still representing the run threat. Just imagine AR as a pocket/roll-out passer who can hit the deep ball, the precise timing throws over the middle, AND still pose a homerun threat with his feet? Killer.

Not that I think AR did anything wrong in that second touchdown run. That's not a give-up situation. Whether QB, WR, TE, or RB, the ball-carrier there is going to fight for the goalline. The DB flew in from the side in a desperation hit that had no chance of stopping him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom