Not open for further replies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think CP is telling us that it's ok if AR sucks because other rookies have sucked in the past. I think a 21 year old that has only started 13 college games should sit behind a veteran for a while before being thrown to to wolves. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way I don't know. :dunno:
    His defensive reads and pocket presence/awareness in preseason, while playing behind a line half-comprised of (terrible) backups, leads me to believe that AR will be able to handle the "wolves" just fine. He's going to have normal, rookie struggles; but he's not ill-prepared to face the rigors of being the Week One starter.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    JT hires a new manager that blows him up to think he is worth more than he actually.
    FJT

I think it's the other way around: JT decided to push for a big contract, and hired this agent to carry out that decision. The agent is a clown, but he's only doing what JT hired him to do.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    His defensive reads and pocket presence/awareness in preseason, while playing behind a line half-comprised of (terrible) backups, leads me to believe that AR will be able to handle the "wolves" just fine. He's going to have normal, rookie struggles; but he's not ill-prepared to face the rigors of being the Week One starter.

He did ok but..........

The Indianapolis Colts preseason came to a close on Thursday Night Football in Philadelphia against the NFC Champion Eagles. Colts delivered a 27-13 victory. Head coach Shane Steichen chose to play most starters the entire first half.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He did ok but..........

The Indianapolis Colts preseason came to a close on Thursday Night Football in Philadelphia against the NFC Champion Eagles. Colts delivered a 27-13 victory. Head coach Shane Steichen chose to play most starters the entire first half.

I'm not sure why this is relevant? Half of our offensive line didn't play, due to injury. IIRC, Kelly, Fries, and Smith were all out. Only Raimann and Q played.

And I had a pretty good vantage point to watch him in person at that game.20230824_193828.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It's relevant because you said it was. The Colts played the best they had.
    I might be missing what you're trying to say. If so, sorry.

AR looked poised in the pocket. He read the defense well. He made the plays that came to him. And he faced a good bit of pressure behind a hamstrung O line. I don't see any real concern with having him start Week One.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Nice little short breakdown of what the Colts offense will look like. Lots of RO, RPO, PA. It’s a college playbook but it’ll be effective and match Richardson’s skillset.

That blitz pickup by Evan Hull [Insert Heart-Eyes Emoji Here]

(P.S. I love Jonathan Taylor, but JT doesn't pick up that blitz nearly as well as Hull just did.)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Interesting battle here. Cable TV is dying, and fast, heck even the cable company doesn’t want it.

“With one week to go until the Bills and Jets launch the Monday Night Football slate on ESPN (with some games on ABC), Ourand also reports that the two sides “are no closer to a deal than they were last week.”

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom