Clifford, IN

ANTHONY RICHARDSON​

CMP%
    PASS YARDS
    TOUCHDOWNS
    FUMBLES

SPLITSCMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG
    This Game61735.3784.6002350.6

The box score doesn’t tell the whole story. There were several drops. Steichen clearly put an emphasis on throwing down the field way more this game. There’ll be way more check-down/underneath/high percentage stuff in the real offense. He led two really good touchdown drives. Showed off his running ability. I liked what I saw. The game doesn’t look too big for him. Yes he needs to be more accurate. Everyone knows that. He even knows that. He’s young. Give it time.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The box score doesn’t tell the whole story. There were several drops. Steichen clearly put an emphasis on throwing down the field way more this game. There’ll be way more check-down/underneath/high percentage stuff in the real offense. He led two really good touchdown drives. Showed off his running ability. I liked what I saw. The game doesn’t look too big for him. Yes he needs to be more accurate. Everyone knows that. He even knows that. He’s young. Give it time.
    His running ability will make it hard for him to stay healthy. In a pre-season game against 3rd stringers do you really want your QB to be running the ball?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    His running ability will make it hard for him to stay healthy. In a pre-season game against 3rd stringers do you really want your QB to be running the ball?

Like it or not, modern day qb’s have to be able to run. From what I remember, basically all of his runs went out of bounds and he didn’t take any hits.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It's a weird dichotomy with AR. His stats aren't gonna get it done. I know, preseason and all, but the stats, on paper, aren't good enough to win consistently in the NFL. Then I compute what I saw with my eyes and a rookie with what, 13, 18 total football games played? He looked like a dude that could become something special. Time will tell but without injury I think he'll be in the NFL for awhile. And he could become elite, current stats be damned. I guess we'll find out over the next 3yrs or so.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It's a weird dichotomy with AR. His stats aren't gonna get it done. I know, preseason and all, but the stats, on paper, aren't good enough to win consistently in the NFL. Then I compute what I saw with my eyes and a rookie with what, 13, 18 total football games played? He looked like a dude that could become something special. Time will tell but without injury I think he'll be in the NFL for awhile. And he could become elite, current stats be damned. I guess we'll find out over the next 3yrs or so.

One caveat I will say about preseason statistics. The Colts were not running the same offense they will be running during the regular season. Clearly last night was a ton of low percentage down the field throws. Let’s wait and see what his stats are after 17 games and go from there.

I’m with you though. His ceiling is super special. If he gets comfortable reading NFL defenses and brings the accuracy up a little, he could be amazing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    If he gets comfortable reading NFL defenses
    As an armchair NFL talent evaluator that occasionally dabbles in the NFL GM second guessing game, I think the above is what separates the good qb's from the great qb's. Whether a running qb, or a pocket qb, reading and adjusting to the defense is paramount. There are so many guys that can run, jump and throw like nobody's business. Those types that fail seem to fail because they have no idea how to recognize defenses and sure as **** can't make real-time adjustments. I think AR can learn how to make those reads and adjustments. Keep in mind I wanted Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning...

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Another reminder. Rookie completion percentage doesn’t always equal career completion percentage.

You can add Peyton Manning to that list. Rookie season 56.7%. Career 65.3%. He also threw 26 TDs and a still standing rookie QB record 28 INTs. His second season he completed 62.1%, matched the 26 TDs and cut the INTs down to 15. I'm looking for something like that from Richardson. I don't have high expectations this year. I'm just hoping to see improvement over the season.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    @manifest destiny, Even Ryan Leaf improved somewhat. Rookie season: 45.3% completion, 2 TDS and 15 INTs. Third year (did not play second year due to injury): 50% completion, 11 TDs and 18 INTs. :lmfao:
    That's funny. I contemplated looking at Leaf's stats, but thought, nah, he turned out to be a loser and I was wrong, why bother. I didn't realize he made it three years in the league! Seriously, Leaf looked and sounded like a pro athlete. Peyton looked like he costarred in a tv series with the Oatmeal guy.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    That's funny. I contemplated looking at Leaf's stats, but thought, nah, he turned out to be a loser and I was wrong, why bother. I didn't realize he made it three years in the league! Seriously, Leaf looked and sounded like a pro athlete. Peyton looked like he costarred in a tv series with the Oatmeal guy.
    Yeah but Peyton was a physical specimen and put up crazy numbers at the combine. He was almost as fast as Tom Brady, who no doubt could jump higher and run faster that all the other QB's. Brady's Superbowl record proves that. Or am I misremembering? :cool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom